lifting tips for a local food service delivery guy?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by pdizzle, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Marksteven

Marksteven Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Bumble Fxxx
    I tore mcl's in both knees, tore my rt. biceps tendon and tore my rt. Ham string. Peddling LTL is no picnic either!

RookieJ1987, jakebrake12 and Dinomite Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    No, LTL is no picnic no matter what end of it you are in. I got hurt several times before I came to my senses and said, "I'm too dam old fer this shi uh stuff."

Marksteven Thanks this.
  4. jakebrake12

jakebrake12 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2008
    I95
    Ouch.. That's half the reason I don't run city at this terminal. When I was in the city at a previous terminal 90% of my stops were dock bumps. At this one there's a lot of tailgating and inside deliveries. Plus I don't really want to peddle metro I95. Line-haul it is for me..lol..

Marksteven Thanks this.
  5. Marksteven

Marksteven Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Bumble Fxxx

Unfortunately i'm blessed with a Dedicated Liftgate route EVERY day. I think you know what that means.

jakebrake12 and Big Don Thank this.
  6. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Loads of fun, every day!:biggrin_25513:

OTOH, it beats the he11 out of a ramp!

Marksteven Thanks this.
  7. 2wheelit

2wheelit Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2013
    foodservise is no joke !!

Keithdabarber Thanks this.
  8. d007

d007 Bobtail Member

Jun 16, 2011
    I deliver pop and the best thing I can offer is a foam roller. 30" at Walmart is 23.00. After a 5-600 case day i roll myself out with it and crack my back. Hurts like a deep tissue massage if done properly then I roll my legs out and do some stretching for my lower back for about 20 minutes total. Sometimes I do it in the morning before work too. It hurts during the rolling but afterwords it makes you really relaxed.

superpet39 and Marksteven Thank this.
  9. FEELTHEWHEEL

FEELTHEWHEEL Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2010
    EL Cajon C.A.
    Go to a local gym and seek out a sports therapist. let the therapist know what type of work you are doing. Let the therapist know that you want to save your back B/4 it is to late. I think they can set you up with some mild exercises and ways to stretch out. Over time this will help. I know what your thinking, you get enough exercise at work. the point is to strengthen the body to handle that type of work over time. Remember to keep workouts away from work mild. Unable to tell you how many drivers over time that I have come across with back pain that are addicted to pain pills. If that's to much for ya, you might look for short line haul, city to city within a few hundred miles of each other, drop n hook. A lot of food places run doubles back and forth. Good Luck, and stay healthy !

Big Don and Marksteven Thank this.
  10. jakebrake12

jakebrake12 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2008
    I95
    Geez.. Well just remember that millions who don't work depend on you...

Sorry man that's all I could come up with for a lift gate route.. I had swing doors for the opposite reason..lol..

Marksteven Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.