Lighting violation?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Kyle G., May 15, 2022.

1. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    This should be a bumper sticker LOL

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    @ZVar posted the regulation for you, its pretty clear.

Another Canadian driver and ZVar Thank this.
  4. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana

This should be taught to the officers... with heavy fines against their pensions

5. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    I know, I saw it.

6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Used to be a time it was posted on here by a few members.

If the lights were there. They had to operate.

I think it depended on the state though.

And it was a few years back.

I see trailers and trucks rolling down the highways these days with no operational lights. Cops just pass em and keep on going.

Kyle G. Thanks this.
  7. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    It’s been a long time in the United States since more than the required lighted has had to work. And the people that claim “yeah but out in Cali” have never been able to post a state code that says anything different than the federal code.

8. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    You can drive up the road with a staggering number of things broken or missing, as long as it’s written up. There’s no common sense or reason to it anymore, pure enforcement for profit. They don’t care about the truck or your weight very much these days, they want your log, that’s where the money is. If they’ve got orange coveralls on they’re after statistics. That tidbit of information came straight from a DOT at the Gananoque scale. That’s why the drivers door falling off and hitting him on the head while he’s checking 500ft/lb fasteners with his fingers isn’t an issue. You arrived on wheel nut day, not drivers door falling off and hitting him on the head day. CVSA has just made it a continent wide statistics hunt.

God prefers Diesels and Kyle G. Thank this.
  9. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    I roll thru Truckee scales multiple times a week and have been inspected there more than I can count in the years I've been running. Always been treated fair and inspections done quickly

10. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Was that before the US Marshals arrested them all or after?

11. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Isn't it funny how the ones with issues with inspections are the same ones always complaining and trash talking about LEO's here?
    Yes I realize not all are perfect, but the majority are just trying to do a job like the rest of us.

Kyle G. and InTooDeep Thank this.
  12. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    US Marshals. Lololol.

2012 to 2014 I was rolling thru Truckee twice a week with a non-CA legal 52ft spread axle cattle trailer. Had 3 clean inspections with a trailer I wasn’t even supposed to have out there. Summer of 2014 we started hearing rumors that they were going to crack down on the big trailers. July 2014 I got measure at Truckee and they turned me around. I was loaded going to the Harris feedlot so I went up 395 and back around to 80. Fine was $137. A couple months after the dust settled they started leaving us alone again.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.