02 international 4300 Allison Limp mode can’t drive

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by snaponsteve, Dec 13, 2018.

1. snaponsteve

snaponsteve Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2018
    Have 02 international 4300 Allison setting check trans code and goes into limp mode. Code pulled is 2023-14p 150:2 data link loss of power ... don’t even know where to start looking!!! Any input

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rn8806

Rn8806 Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2016
    If in California leave asap that would explain it

4. snaponsteve

Dec 13, 2018
    Should I be looking at wires from body control module

5. snaponsteve

Dec 13, 2018
    Help

6. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    That is not a trans code. It actually comes from the cluster for that specific code. The "p" means it's also an inactive code. What are you using to read codes?

7. snaponsteve

Dec 13, 2018
    I pulled codes with cruise buttons... what’s happening is as soon as you put it in drive it kicks check tran light and is apparently in limp mode because it’s in a high gear... maybe 4th... I can barely get it rolling like it’s slips... some told me that what it does I’m limp... and a couple times it went and tripped range inhibit... I initially pulled and rebuilt trans like a dummy... builder said trans was good but I still had him reseal it while it was out... it was a bench build so he didn’t check it plus he not computer savy but a builder so same problem... it’s my only flatbed and I’ve been down almost 3 weeks

8. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    We never recommend relying on dash displays for reading codes. You are right in that it is entering limp mode. Reading the codes with a proper scanner is so important, as you are finding out. This is your next step.

9. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Heavyd knows much more about these than me but I will add this.
    We had one with wiring to close to the exhaust near the bellhousing. That caused all kinds of problems over a long period before it was figured out.

Heavyd Thanks this.
  10. DYLAN_131

DYLAN_131 Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2018
    This is a common issue, actually kudos for mentioning it.

I would get someone with the proper equipment and knowledge to read the code. I've been seeing more and more codes that require a decent amount of code/wiring tracing. I hope it's something much simpler for you as opposed to sinister.

Wish you luck!!

Heavyd Thanks this.
  11. raferko

raferko Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2018
    Japan
    That sounds like a severely under filled trans

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.