LINEHAUL ( FFE) Frozen Food Express

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Truckingchamp23, Dec 2, 2023.

1. Truckingchamp23

Truckingchamp23 Bobtail Member

Nov 25, 2023
    Hi all
    I've received a few CDL training offers from carriers, one being FFE. They've offered a regional linehaul position upon completion of my training in January.

Question:
    Is regional linehaul terminal to terminal drop and hook? Best way to enter the fray?

I have opportunities at Schneider, KLLM, Melton, FFE, & TMC.

Would appreciate anyone's opinion based your industry experience.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    Some in the business world think the rest of the economy will slide into a recession in 2024.

If that later in fact proves true -- I would respectfully submit that (given your above list of options) either KLLM or FFE would most likely be better places to drive for a consistent living.

Based on my previous experience with reefer freight -- the linehaul option with FFE would be the preferred way to go -- that would have much less wasted time doing live loads/unloads, and hoping you get paid something for all that detention. :rolleyes:

Also: if most of your stops are at company/related terminals -- that should solve at least part of your parking problems at/near the end of each shift -- another BIG PLUS (especially for a new driver).

-- L

4. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    All respectable companies, but a linehaul with drop and hook, some would kill for. Linehaul is the most preferred of any trucking, because it eliminates most of what pixxes a truck driver off the most. It's possibly the easiest of all trucking jobs( I saw an old lady doing a drop and hook for OD once) and about the most predictable. You do basically the same thing every day, or night, mostly night, and can be boring, but it's one of the few trucking jobs where you can have a life outside the truck after work. I almost guarantee, you'll do that job until you die. It's why those jobs don't come up often.

5. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    I can tell you if any co. has a loaded trailer needing to be delivered, even if it's a so called "drop and hook", and they are short of drivers, the driver who brought it will deliver it. The only exception would be a union facility, because driver would cry "not in my contract".

6. Truckerdown45

Truckerdown45 Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2023
    Had done sap a year ago

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.