List of companies with Autos

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by amtrack, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Th3Guy

Th3Guy Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Earth
    Why do all the threads here on TR go way off topic or become silly, bordering on hostile??

amtrack Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Hey, we are on the road and bored... It's either be off topic and/or silly here on TTR, or sit at the cafe counter listening to others ramble on and on... Or play on the CB... All in, I prefer TTR.

4. Th3Guy

Th3Guy Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Earth
    That's understandable but place the off topic and/or silly stuff in a thread specifically for that... fellow truckers want to come here to this particular thread about automatics but instead have to sift through pages of nonsense and see comments like what we're doing right now just taking up space which could be a nice clean list of nothing but companies...

5. JV_620

JV_620 Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Centerville, MA
    Ladies, Ladies. Sounds like a lot of :argue: going on..and :pain10: .

6. SCar72

SCar72 Light Load Member

Automatics are here to cater to the young, self entitled non-driving new generation of Whinners... er I mean Drivers.

7. SCar72

SCar72 Light Load Member

Co
    Cowan only has Automatics in their Day Cabs. Their Sleepers all have 10-13 speeds. I just walked out of their OR yesterday due to their stupid Policies.

8. amtrack

amtrack Light Load Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Was told different, was told all they had were autos.

9. SCar72

SCar72 Light Load Member

Sorry you were misinformed. But it is only their Day Cab/Local Trucks.

10. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Seriously???

I'm 48 years old, have 20 years experience with multiple manual transmissions, and pulled vans, flats, tankers, and end dumps. After all that, I still prefer an auto to a manual. It's nice, especially in the northeast rat race, to just put it in drive and go.

11. SCar72

SCar72 Light Load Member

That may be so Sir, however, I still honestly believe it's mostly due to younger people not being able to drive a Stick shift. I have driven one Auto myself, a 2016 Volvo 780. True, it was easier in heavy traffic, but in all, it was the worse Truck I ever drove. Backing up is better and smoother with a clutch. To many people these days just want to put in in Drive and go it seems. Even in my Personal Vehicle, I prefer a Stick shift. Where I have more control of things. Everyone just wants things easier for them these days. you're only a couple years older than I am.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.