Little America, Wyoming

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by itajax, Sep 21, 2005.

1. itajax

itajax Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2005
    I'm researching the Little America truck stop in Wyoming for a report. Does anyone have any stories or info they could share? Greatly appreciated, thank you!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PortlandDriver

PortlandDriver RIP, May You Be Heaventown Bound!

May 30, 2005
    Pacific Northwest
    Been through there more then a few times, but I can't help much on the old truck stop rarely had I stopped there.

4. kc0rey

kc0rey Medium Load Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Macomb, IL
    Overpriced tourist trap. Been going to them for years. I love the place.

5. TurboTrucker

TurboTrucker Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2005
    Rossville, Georgia
    I know I miss the place. Years ago, I ran a route from Atlanta to Seattle, and that was one of my stops along the way.

6. DigiTrucker

DigiTrucker Light Load Member

May 3, 2006
    West-By-God-Virginia
    Back in '94, just after I started driving, I passed through Little America. I'd been there a few times prior to this back in the 1980's when I'd ride along with dad over the summer vacations from school. But the reason this particular stop stands out has to do with watching the slow-speed chase down the L.A. freeway system on the big screen TV in the Little America bar.

Don't know why that stands out. Maybe it's just one of those life moments where time stops for a moment while the world turns on its horizontal axis.

7. WiseOne

WiseOne Inactive contact bullhaulerswife

Feb 8, 2004
    Truckers Report, TN
    Yes, I used to LOVE that place and AWESOME food! Hey, DigiTrucker, I started in Feb of 94! I may have even met ya! You would know me if you did though as i would have been the best looking driver you had ever met. LOL.

8. Truckin Juggalo

Truckin Juggalo Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Madisonville, TN
    Yeah i have stopped there once or Twice, never rented a hotel room... one thing i can tell you is that they raised the Price of an Ice Cream cone from $0.35 cents to $0.50 cents this year, lol

9. Scarecrow03

Scarecrow03 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2006
    In Your Head
    This is why I always have my boots on while I'm on this site. :smt033

10. WiseOne

WiseOne Inactive contact bullhaulerswife

Feb 8, 2004
    Truckers Report, TN
    Hey, Hey!!! LOL.

11. DigiTrucker

DigiTrucker Light Load Member

May 3, 2006
    West-By-God-Virginia
    Actually, I kind of doubt that... You see I'm the best looking driver I ever met. ...Er...uh... Well, ok, maybe best dressed most of the time. I still haven't gotten over corduroy blazers, a starched shirt, and a nice tie (though I reserve the tie for special occasions). I do have a very patriotic US flag tie that I dare some pinhead to try to set on fire...

I actually started in April of 94. So I've chewed up some asphalt. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to have crossed paths at least once. My career opened with an orange tint--and they really do have a great training program though time has taught me that many of their bugs are mainly personality clashes between employees. Maturity does have a certain value, no?

Wise, are you still active or have you uncoupled your trailer and hung up the air lines for the last bobtail home?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.