Live updates weather apps

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Roger03_, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Roger03_

Roger03_ Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2021
    Can anyone recommend any live updates weather apps? (any apps that will send you live notifications of weather updates while driving) Thank you!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Weather channel will drive you nutty with updates from everywhere you’ve been. But it is good reporting. Can check other cities.
    Drive Weather is good for a planned trip. Let’s you know now, what to expect up ahead.
    I’ll also use 511 apps.

4. PacoTaco

PacoTaco Medium Load Member

Apr 16, 2016
    South Texas
  5. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I used to put in the mountains pass town in a weather app. It would notify you that location had bad weather. You could put in many locations all at same time. I believe if you let app access your location all the time it will notify you as you drive around of local weather. It does fallow you phones current location. Just have make sure you give it access to GPS all the time when installing on Android. They probably have iPhone app also.
    The Elite version is add free. So you can test out the free version first.
    Screenshot_20230324-214421.png Screenshot_20230324-215034.png
    Weather Elite by Weather Bug

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aws.android.elite

Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
  6. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Weather Channel is useless from 7pm until 5am. It seems, during tornadoes in the south, or crippling blizzards in the north,,they would rather show scenes of airplane disasters, home repair, or bozos pulling seemingly endless wrecked trucks from some remote ditch, and appears to be making fools of our Canadian brother and sister drivers. Weather is rather predictable these days, save for the mountains here, that still use a "50%" chance,,heck, I can make that prediction, but usually, if bad weather is coming, it's known about, or at least to be aware of. night is always risky, but during the day, common sense is your best bet.

7. EuropeanTrucker

EuropeanTrucker Medium Load Member

Jun 15, 2018
    This.

If you are somewhat intelligent you will learn how to read where it’s raining, snowing, etc

PacoTaco Thanks this.
  8. 4wayflashers

4wayflashers Heavy Load Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Maybe try moving your desk closer to the window.

I keep multiple cities saved and a few mountain locations so I can check temps and stuff for my common travel routes. Problem with notifications is you’ll get notifications of it being foggy in Beckley when you’re rolling through Atlanta. You’ll start to ignore notifications.

On top of that these weather apps push notifications for basically anything. Going to be a bad hair day in Indy?

9. 4wayflashers

4wayflashers Heavy Load Member

Mar 14, 2014
    I read an article a while back claiming weather prediction has gotten amazingly accurate. So accurate they can charge massive corporations big money for these precise predictions. Why wouldn’t a big weather corporation have a YouTube with dozens of videos a day? They’d get thousands of views a day. Can’t give the good info out for cheap can they?

Searching the web or YouTube for local news stations sometimes works good. Wunderground website has a decent national forecast video updated daily. They are pushing the videos of MS tornadoes today but still have the national forecast.

201 Thanks this.
  10. Turtlelegs

Turtlelegs Light Load Member

Apr 15, 2022
    There is an app called Highway Weather where you plug your route in & it tells you what the weather is like along the way. It will also provide alerts as you drive.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.