Load board question

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by funkj62, Nov 9, 2021.

1. funkj62

funkj62 Bobtail Member

Nov 9, 2021
    Lol, I get it. It's not like I don't understand building a clientele/buissiness is hours/yrs of really hard frustrating work and there are few shortcuts. I've been a blue collar worker all my life if anybody believes in fair pay its myself, I'm not out to cheat steal or rob anybody of what they deserve. If anything appeals to me most it is the fact I can do something less physical and easier on my body and in a convince of a home office without travel.Im not considering this path because I'm looking for a get rich scheme screwing truckers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Good luck, after all, it is supposed to be capitalism and someone else's frustrations (mine) are irrelevant. If you can make money here by doing whatever your idea is, that means that there was a place for you. As far as I am concerned, the less the middle men I see, the more I feel better. Having said that, you're more or less asking of how to become a broker or a dispatcher...that's an idea tried by many and takes some skill to succeed. It is a competitive area too. It takes more than a semi-automatic procedure of matching available loads from shippers to available trucks. Some brokers have already programs that make it possible to book a load from their customers - shippers without a human interaction. The skill is about finding well enough paying shippers and then making sure that you allow the loads to be booked by trustworthy carriers.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
    PPDCT Thanks this.
  4. kpopcowboy

kpopcowboy Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2022
    What’s an ### jerk?

5. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    You have a bunch of guys here that are on the top of their game. Years into the transport field with hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars invested. You don’t just walk into starting a brokerage without capital, strong sales skills, and a in-depth knowledge in the 3pl/ transport field. If you are looking for a solution to a problem. Ask away, lots of experiences. If you are looking for a “quick into” you are wasting your time. Without the said above, you will be like most that fail. The competition is established, experienced, at the top of their game, and are wealthy. If you think you can do better, you are my kind of guy! Learn about the transport industry (college and working for a brokerage/ operations side of trucking), build wealth and confidence, then jump in. Otherwise you may be swallowed alive by failure. I wish you the best and highly suggest go work for a brokerage or in operations at a great trucking company first.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  6. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    I still don't know what's up with Lubbock. I don't run Texas at all unless one of my 2 customers sends me there. That has happened once in the last 3 years.......but I'm curious. What's up with Lubbock?

D.Tibbitt and PPDCT Thank this.
  7. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Stuff. Possibly things. :D

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  8. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Shoot. Not that I hope.

PPDCT Thanks this.
  9. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Kinky sex move.

PPDCT Thanks this.
  10. BoyWander

BoyWander Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Michigan
    Only thing that comes out of Lubbock are tortillas.

11. GYPSY65

GYPSY65 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2012
    SW FLA
    Are you sure about the “ no participation trophies?”
    I thought that’s what the Bobtail . Road trainer type titles were ???

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.