"Load Cancelled" game...

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by valerchekk, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Seeing that ratecon is what upsets folks, like it's a big surprise this stuff happens?

D.Tibbitt, PE_T and TallJoe Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    In a way it is an eye opener

I hope that had Caleb Harper known that the previous carrier had it for $3000, he would have not undercut by as much. As a matter of fact, I even hope that had he known that someone else had it already, he would have not made a bid for it at all.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    Dino soar, D.Tibbitt and PE_T Thank this.
  4. PSM379

PSM379 Heavy Load Member

Apr 19, 2019
    Harpers Hot Shot express lol. Just sounds like a carrier that would pull for a $1 a mile. Probly took a advance also. ####ing losers

Evil_E, Dino soar, D.Tibbitt and 3 others Thank this.
  5. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    You can take it up the food chain even higher. What if Leonard Express
    got the load from another Mega Broker who had the original contract from shipper for $2,000 more than what they gave Leonard Express.

Or, how about this consideration. What if the supplier of the product in FL sold the product to the buyer in Wisconsin and in their overall price they included a $4,000 shipping charge. By getting a broker to move it for $3,000 they pocket an extra grand.

See how this stuff works?

Don't be offended, sir. It's just business. ;-)

6. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Common practice in the brokerage. I've had to deal with brokers more than I would like to even though I've always been a company driver. Many smaller companies, as yall know rely on the spot market. Some of the big guys use broker loads too. It's the money game OP. Landstar has canceled loads that I was scheduled to pickup. When a load pays that good, especially in a freight lane that is weak money wise, be prepapred for these actions. I dont blame Leonard's. If I can find a sucker to haul it half price, why wouldn't I do it? You tell people to say no to cheap freight, but the bottom line is, someone will take it

D.Tibbitt, bzinger and PE_T Thank this.
  7. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    I think there's a bigger lesson here. It isn't news that someone is always slimy, broker or carrier. It isn't news that loads get cancelled, double brokered and otherwise raped before they get to the final winner, especially spot market stuff on a load board.

What you've got to do to survive is arm yourself with information so it doesn't happen to you. For me, Leonard's Express, who I've never run for, just got put on notice. Would I haul for them? Maybe, but very carefully. If it sounds too good to be true........

amberfeldt, not4hire and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  8. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Just this last week I called on a posted next day load. While chatting with the broker, he asked me, "what would you consider a fair rate for this load?" I quoted him a price, and I'm not kidding, this was his reply, "I just received an email from the shipper and they cancelled that load until next week!" LOL

9. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
  10. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    I've never got a load after they ask me what I consider a fair price to be, they're looking for cheap or free apparently.

11. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    The last three loads I "tried" to book through TQL all cancelled the day of the pickup. I have no doubt every one went to a carrier that offered to haul it for less. I realize this is standard practice with most brokers, but I am not only surviving with a couple contract clients and primarily using Convoy, but it's working out very well. Since most brokers don't seem interested in creating a business relationship with reliable carriers, I have no interest in dealing with them what so ever. Life without brokers is a lot less stressful. Immediate payment with no factoring fees, no dickering over a rate, and I rarely have a cancellation. What's not to love?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.