Loadboard Access

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by razor1983, May 23, 2018.

1. razor1983

razor1983 Medium Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Any of you guys with your own authority willing to let me setup account to ITS or DAT on your MC. I would pay for my account or if you are willing to share account we could work out a deal.
    I recently switched carriers and this new one won’t give me access to a loadboard.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    Someone said ITS basic account is only $35.

Just saying.

I know if my carrier closed his account or told me I would have to get my own, I wouldn't hesitate.

Hurst

4. razor1983

razor1983 Medium Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Oh I don’t mind paying for it all, problem is to open an account you need an MC. And when you try to open an account they first call the company to approve. This new company is giving me some bulloney about its not allowed per company policy.

Hurst Thanks this.
  5. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl

That sounds sketchy to me. Like they want to skim the rate from you a bit.

My carrier is totally the opposite. I pissed and moan about how he was dispatching me. He said if I thought I could do a better job then here... L/P. Do it your self. Went through a learning curve. Now I barely use the board.. Deal directly with a list of brokers who keep me busy. But every now and then I need to pull something from the board. Still prefer to do it myself.

Personally I would be looking for another carrier if they won't work with you.

Hurst

Jdconner Thanks this.
  6. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    There is some who won't let you get your own loads if you're using there trailer, E.W. Wylie comes to mind right off hand. If it's your trailer I don't think there's much they could do about it.

7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Why?

You can't piggy back onto someone else's accout to run loads.

8. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Booking a load involves certain liabilities that only an MC holder can be responsible for. It is their cargo insurance, their accounts receivable and finely their reputation at risk. It is much easier to have a policy not to let owners deal with brokers on their own accord. Keeping owners unaware about the rates and markets as an afterthought of this policy would give rather superficial results. The more important thing is to be able to see original rate confirmation. If someone wants to book their own freight , they must get their own MC or find a carrier that allows it.
    However, granting access to a loadboard just to look around without ability to book loads or interact with brokers on the carrier behalf is a different matter. OP is asking for a huge credit of trust that someone would give him their MC# and ability to sign in under that number to play around on a loadboard- especially here where everyone is anonymous. As a matter of fact, no disrespect to the OP, I'd consider it a crazy thing to do.

Oscar the KW and Ruthless Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.