local driving

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by ahh, Apr 1, 2007.

1. ahh

ahh Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2007
    i think i should just just accepted the answer of the bigger bed and been done with it and i guess i should have been more specific ....do yard dogs have to keep any form of a liar i mean log book

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cerberus101

Cerberus101 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Georgia

no yard dogs don't have to mess with the log book...........

4. ahh

ahh Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2007
    so the only logs i have to mess with are the ones when i am squatting and o nevermind

5. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

All those things add up to what you can call a LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woo hoo I'm almost there.

Marksteven Thanks this.
  6. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Hey half the drivers use their logs to clean the logs up. :biggrin_2559:

7. JACKRABBIT

JACKRABBIT Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Georgia
    :biggrin_2551:
    That's a real good one! I will keep that in mind :biggrin_25514:

8. Cerberus101

Cerberus101 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Georgia

amen brother..........................

9. thedragon

thedragon Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Wadena, Mn
    My understandig of the Log Book rules is this...... If your truck requires a CDL to drive it, YOU MUST LOG. No mater what the radius is. That was what I was once told by a DOT inspector was the fedral law. Exceptions are: Farmers, Bus Drivers, Constuction Crews. You must log if your a carrier. Just what I've been told.
    My oppion, better safe then a ticket for a few $$$$$$$$$

10. heyns57

heyns57 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2006
    near Kalamazoo Speedway
    A driver is exempt from keeping a log book if he stays within a 100 air-mile radius, starts and stops his work day at the same location, and time records are kept at his reporting location. A driver is limited to 14 consecutive hours on duty followed by a 10-hour break.
    A driver may work one 16-consecutive-hour day if he has been released from work at the normal work reporting location for the precious 5 days, and has not used this exception in the previous 7 days.

Allthough I am a 100-mile radius driver, I keep a log every day because of the 12-Hour rule.

100 AIR-MILE EXCEPTION DRIVERS
    Does the driving time for drivers choosing to use the 100 air-mile radius exception (requiring no log book) increase to 11 hours or is it kept at its current limitation of 10 hours driving?
    A property-carrying driver using the 100 air-mile radius exception is subject to the 11-hour driving time, 12-hour maximum duty period, and 10-hour off-duty time requirements of the new rule. If the driver exceeds the 12-hour maximum duty period, the driver must maintain a logbook for that day.
    May a "100 air-mile radius" driver utilize the "16-hour duty period" exception in § 395.1(o)?
    Yes. A driver operating under the 100 air-mile exception in § 395.1(e) may also meet the requirements in § 395.1(o) enabling the driver to have 1 period of 16 hours duty each week (or after a 34-hour restart). However, on the day in which the 16-hour exception is utilized, the driver would not meet the 12-hour duty period requirement of the 100 air-mile logbook exception and would therefore be required to maintain a logbook for that day.
    May drivers who work split shifts take advantage of the 100 air-mile radius exemption found at §395.1(e)?
    For property-carrying drivers, the concept of "split shifts" is no longer relevant due to the limitations of the 14-hour rule. The exception in 49 CFR 395.1(e) only provides an exception to the record of duty status (RODS), i.e., "logbook," requirements. It does not exempt the driver from any requirements of the HOS rules. A driver may go on and off duty multiple times during a duty tour, but all of the on- and off-duty time (with certain sleeper berth exceptions) continues to accumulate toward the 14-hour time limit. A driver utilizing the 100 air-mile radius exception would also be limited by the 14-hour rule. Regardless of how many times the driver goes on and off duty during the duty tour, if the driver exceeds a total of 12 consecutive hours from first starting the daily duty tour, the 100 air-mile exception would no longer apply and the driver will be required to maintain a logbook RODS. Prior Regulatory Guidance (§ 395.1 Question 19) on this subject no longer applies to property-carrying drivers.

11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Where I work local drivers are exempt, and only need to do a log for a day if they exceed 12 hours for that day.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.