Local fuel hauling jobs. Give it a try!!

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by lve2drv, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Cali kid

Cali kid Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    Very true once we started rotating trucks it was horrible.

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I try and keep the windshield clean and what not. But changing trucks every single day doesn’t help. They seem to be on the right track though

andhe78 and Cali kid Thank this.
  4. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    We had assigned trucks to a certain shift. You all know what ARCO looks like and the trucks are very functional too. We kept our trucks spotless and also washed once a week. I'm glad I retired when I did because ARCO was no longer right after that. Most all the drivers went over to Williams and a couple retired. They did give a lump sum to those who retired and I understand it was pretty good. However, losing that job it didn't take long before you could make that back. I'd rather have it stay ARCO but the big bosses got their millions and left everyone else dry.

Cali kid Thanks this.
  5. ErieMcDreary

ErieMcDreary Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Erie PA
    I'm in Erie Pa, the trucks are parked behind the TA truckstop next to the CAT dealer at Harborcreek, and it's only 5 miles from my house.
    Training for 2-3 weeks with same driver as gave roadtest.
    The trucks are dedicated to 2 drivers, one on day shift, the other, nights. I already know who my other driver is, and which truck I'll have. Newer Peterbilt's, auto trans. 2 monthly washes allowed, Blue Beacon is at same exit.
    $4k sign on bonus paid quarterly, so I'll stay for a year at least, hoping to stay until retirement, in about 6-7 years.
    Pdx??

6. layover6

layover6 Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2014
  7. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    That's good you're looking forward until retirement. Make sure your benefits are in line and go for it. If it's a good company your know by other drivers. How long have they been working there, are many drivers are retiring? I'm sure you'll know after about a month or two which companies are the best and which ones have the highest turnover rate. If it's local gasoline driving I'm sure you'll enjoy working there. My last company I'd almost work for nothing it was that good. However, I'm not that crazy so top dollar was fine with me.

8. Serg504

Serg504 Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2016
    How you liking it so far?? Hauling Fuel?

9. ErieMcDreary

ErieMcDreary Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Erie PA
    So far, so good. Learning the loading system, not too difficult, just different, dropping is easy.
    6pm to 6am isn't too much different from what I was doing, I just get paid for all hours now.
    Nights actually go by pretty fast, and It's nice to not have to worry about a schedule.
    Shop is right across from refinery, so anything that needs fixed is not out of the way.

10. Gulf

Gulf Medium Load Member

Jul 12, 2013
    The fix is in. No matter what someone says here about how great they have it, if they're driving a truck it's long/ odd hours and/or hard labor combined for anything over 50k annually ( of course there are some exceptions). I would gladly make 45-50k for an 8-10hr day shift, weekends/holidays off, and top notch insurance.

And there's a lot of different scenarios in different parts of the country. But it's been my experience that it's either around 35k for an easy job maybe nights and weekends off, or 60-70k+ for 12 hr shifts and or hard labor, weekends and some holidays, insurance hit or miss. Not much in between.

They either want to work you to death or have you just barely getting by.

pathfinder1361 Thanks this.
  11. jvar4001

jvar4001 Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2011
    I dont have expereince would they hired me? Does they have a terminal here in Aurora Ilinois????

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.