Local fuel/tanker jobs in Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Hazmat Trucking Forum' started by Tcoop34, Oct 11, 2022.

1. HiramKingWilliams

HiramKingWilliams Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2019
    State of Jefferson
    It’s amazing how low pay is in Southern CA. Should be $40+/hr.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. No_worries

No_worries Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Yeah, Superior's payscale is higher in the NW than in SoCal.

4. Grove_LA

Grove_LA Light Load Member

Dec 21, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Just applied. Got an on-site interview on Thursday. Figured picking up extra shifts is how to get to the big money but 3 days off when you want it is nice. Benefits wise since it’s teamsters is it no cost to employee like the freight side?

5. kvnjra

kvnjra Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2022
    just seeing this rn, benefits aren’t as expensive as other tanker companies but you do have options. Personally I have Kaiser/vision/dental comes out to $206 every check. If you go with a basic health insurance it could be half of that. Just depends on your needs

Grove_LA Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I know some nurses that work at UCLA and it takes them 2 hours driving to get to work each morning and they live within 10 or 12 miles of the hospital.

7. Grove_LA

Dec 21, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Got an interview tomorrow morning. Hope I can get on

8. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    Hauling/delivering fuel in LA?

Unless most of your deliveries are in Beverly Hills (or some near equivalent)....my math sez you won't like it.....:confused:

--Lual

9. Grove_LA

Dec 21, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Any reason why it’d be any different then doing P&D through LA for the past two years? Hasn’t been that bad. Now if I’m paid by the load or mileage in LA traffic that’s another thing…

10. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    With all due respect -- the two deliveries (fuel, vs P&D) are NOT an "apples to apples" comparison, at all.

Fuel is hoses, stretched out over the pavement, with cones set up (and you hope....you hope....people see, and respect them, ha-ha :rolleyes:)...& product that is HIGHLY FLAMMABLE AND/OR EXPLOSIVE.

Many people nearby will not genuinely respect all this--or you, for doing a dangerous (yet essential) job. You're just "in the way". :rolleyes:

While you are there on duty--trying to focus on your job tasks--you will be hit on frequently, for money. Keep your REAL cash and your driver's license, credit cards, wallet, etc....in the cab--and keep a "fake wallet" on you, with just a FEW DOLLARS in it (in case you are robbed :argue:).

Maneuvering a trailer into/out of a busy parking lot, & waiting for the rest of the world to get out of your way, so you can make a successful delivery (or exit)--will prove to be very stressful and/or annoying.

And it's like that....E-V-E-R-Y DAY. :banghead:

Been there, done that.

Best of luck, Driver....:salute:

--Lual

11. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Fake wallet; I have one of those stuffed full of fake credit cards. I use those credit cards from advertisements that come in the mail.

lual Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.