Local Log Book

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by ganja24, Apr 11, 2018.

1. ganja24

ganja24 Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Since 160km log is not required, The days I go past 160km I fill a log.
    My question is when local in city is it fine if not making the graph and just writing city work with my start and finish time in brackets for that day in the remarks section of the log? This way I have my past 14 days HOS.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Not sure aboot :D up there, but down here for a local log, you'd just drop to line 4 at the start of your day, and go back up to line 1 at the end. Perhaps write something to the effect of "local log" in the remarks. That's IF the company requires your record of hours worked to be on a log sheet. Otherwise, anything that has all of the required info (even just scribbled on the back of an old envelope) would suffice as long as the company hung onto it for 6 months. On the days where a log is required, FMCSA guidance says we only need the current day, not the previous 7 (which weren't required to be drawn up 'cuz we're local).

Like I said, Canada may be different, but that's how we roll down here.

4. REALITY098765

REALITY098765 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2017
    With multiple stops you can put in all on line 4 just put local work in the remarks. In Canada start and finish miles are required so you just need enough driving time [line 3] to cover the miles you put on.

5. ganja24

ganja24 Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Line 4 says on duty not driving even though I will be driving local?
    If so when local do I even need to go on line 3 to show drive time or should I just stay on line 4 for entire work shift?
    Example my shift is 19:30 to 7:00, I start work evening and roll into next day finishing in the morning, My log book starts at midnight, I would have to log on 2 pages per working shift, write in remarks city work with total km driven. Correct a brother if any thing is wrong to my understanding.

6. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Yes, show your lines 3 and 4 times separately. Aggregate your lines 3 and 4 times for each municipality.

7. special-k

special-k Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Southern Ontario Canada
    I do local work in ontario. I show a pretrip and postrip and go straight across line 3. I make a note off to the side saying local less than 100 miles/160kms. Been checked numerous times over the last 6 years with no issues or tickets

8. REALITY098765

REALITY098765 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2017
    It seems all work on line 3 is acceptable at least in ON. when I did local 15-30 VC [vehicle check] 1 hr drive time to TORONTO from Burlington do city work from Miss to Oshawa on line 4 1-1/2 hr on line 3 home.

I did it the same way when I crossed the border also as long as you stay under 160 k.
    Also when doing city work at a destination over 160k.

In ON. they like to have the drive time show average 90 kph or less and usually good to go.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.