Local Trucking Jobs in Omaha NE?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Driver5666, Mar 17, 2024.

1. Driver5666

Driver5666 Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2024
    Hi everyone,

I am moving to Omaha Nebraska in early April and would like to eventually get a local trucking job where I can be home every day. I am open to getting more endorsements except for passenger to meet job requirements. I currently have 2 years of clean OTR experience no accidents or tickets so I'm not worried about being rejected due to lack of driving history. I have checked job websites online to see what the currently available jobs look like but wanted to ask here as well. Does anyone know of good reputable companies in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area that offer home daily driving jobs?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jamie01

Jamie01 Light Load Member

Dec 13, 2020
  4. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    bzinger Thanks this.
  5. Driver5666

Driver5666 Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2024
    Thanks for the suggestions so far, one thing I would like to add is that I do not want a job that involves overnight driving. Early AM start (4 AM) is totally fine but starting in the afternoon and working till the early AM is a no go for me.

bzinger Thanks this.
  6. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    bzinger Thanks this.
  7. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Yes Wynne is always looking for drivers on the gas board , they will train and get you carded into all the gas racks as well as offutt AFB ....they also have a pay guarantee.

jmz Thanks this.
  8. omaharj

omaharj Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Omaha
    Pretty much all the LTLs will be hiring soon. Old Dominion, Fedex freight, R&L, Saia, etc. Most pay $30+/hr, although often straight pay after 40. Check company websites and apply through that vs indeed or zip.

Jamie01 and bzinger Thank this.
  9. MovinOnUp

MovinOnUp Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2021
    Dayton Freight is in Council Bluffs.

bzinger and omaharj Thank this.
  10. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    If you apply to 10 Roads, be careful, they are famous for doing a "bait and switch". They will advertise one mail route and when you apply and they will say, "oh that route has just been filled, but here is another one" The "other one" would be one that nobody wants,

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.