LoJack or other GPS tracking and Alarm systems

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Driven723, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Ezrider_48501

Ezrider_48501 Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2011
    bismarck, nd
    well the higher you declare your value the higher your insurance premiums would be. I have no intentions of ever dropping my declared value. there probably is a max you can declare but when i told them what i wanted mine insured for they didn't even blink a eye. honestly that amount is higher than what i paid for them but i wanted a value that i could find a similar condition truck/trailer quickly should mine need replacement due to theft or accident ect.

as far as what gps units they were i cant recall. it was quite a few years ago now. it was a little black box about 1"d 1"w x 3"L if i remember right it was about 4 wires to wire it for tracking then it also had more that could wire into the ignition so you could remotely shut off the vehicle but we never wired in that part.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Driven723

Driven723 Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Florida
    I understand what you guys are saying about using the switches to shut power off, or taking a relay or two. Great suggestions, and that is what I will be doing with my new truck that I just bought. However, that will only stop the rookie thieves. Thieves around here (south Florida) don't get scared so easily, and they're very sophisticated. I want to add an alarm system and gps tracking in addition to doing those things. I understand that some thieves can't be stopped, but the more I can do to protect my truck and make it harder for thieves to steal, the better I will be able to sleep at night.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.