lol...anti-immigrant protests

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    PRETORIA, South Africa (AP) — Police fired stun grenades, rubber bullets and water cannon Friday as the latest wave of anti-immigrant protests broke out in South Africa's capital, while President Jacob Zuma condemned the violence but said his country's migrant burden is bigger than Europe's.
    A petition the protesters handed to the foreign ministry, seen by The Associated Press, suggested that the government teach foreigners to speak properly. "They are arrogant and they don't know how to talk to people especially Nigerians," it said.
    Resentment against foreigners has sometimes turned deadly in South Africa amid accusations that they take jobs from locals in a country where unemployment is above 25 percent. Others are blamed for drug-dealing and other crimes. In 2015, anti-immigrant riots in and around the city of Durban killed at least six people. In 2008, similar violence killed about 60 people.
    Police on Friday tried to keep protesters apart from foreigners who gathered to express alarm about recent attacks. Police Commissioner Khomotso Phalane said 136 people had been arrested in the past 24 hours.
    The Nelson Mandela Foundation in a statement criticized authorities for "giving permission for a march of hatred."
    The periodic backlash against foreigners has hurt the tolerant image South Africa has tried to present to the world after the long struggle to stop the harsh discrimination of white minority rule, which ended in 1994.
    South Africans should not blame all crime on non-South Africans, the statement from Zuma's office said. It cited recent reports of violence in Pretoria and hate speech on social media.

"Many citizens of other countries living in South Africa are law abiding and contribute to the economy of the country positively," the president said. "It is wrong to brandish all non-nationals as drug dealers or human traffickers."
    An Amnesty International statement blamed authorities' "failure to address toxic populist rhetoric that blames and scapegoats refugees and migrants."
    Zuma said South Africans are not xenophobic, and he called on everyone, citizens and non-citizens, to work together to combat the country's high crime rate.
    Despite South Africa's high unemployment, the country is one of Africa's largest economies and remains a draw for people from far more impoverished nations across the continent. Businesses run by Somalis, Ethiopians and others are often targeted in anti-foreigner protests.
    In video posted by broadcaster News 24, Zuma said that "the numbers of the foreigners in South Africa are far more than the numbers that Europe is fighting about." Europe, however, saw more than 360,000 people arrive by sea last year alone, according to the U.N. refugee agency.
    South African government data show the number of foreign-born people in the country has declined. A report last year said the 1.6 million foreign born people was down from 2.2 million in 2011 — in a country of more than 55 million people.
    Zuma's statement acknowledged complaints about companies that hire illegal immigrants and said the foreign affairs office "will be cracking down on all employers who continue with this practice, which is dangerous as it pits locals against non-nationals."

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    One thing not in this article is something they do to illegals. They wrap their hands in cellophane , dip them in gasoline and light them on fire. They say this way they can't take jobs because their hands are no longer functional. Horrible thing to do to someone.

4. king Q

king Q Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Johannesburg sa
    You know the truth in SA is this. There are way more foreigners than the article states. I think at least 10 million or 20% of the black people in SA are foreigners. The official numbers are way under declared because the current government made it possible to get registered as a South African natural born citizen for as little as a $200 bribe. They did/allowed this practice as they saw it as a way to strengthen their voting base numbers. It got so bad that Visa requirements were slapped on SA passport holders where there were none before. What can you expect where there is a president with close on 800 corruption charges laid against him.
    Now this plan to bolster their voter support base is backfiring. Those very "Foreigners' who fled their banana republic countries can now see the pattern returning with this Zuma degenerate being president and are starting to vote opposition parties. This is the real reason behind the violence. The government propaganda that all of the country's problems are the foreigners fault. Or white South Africans fault.This Zuma led ANC has largely destroyed the law and order establishment.
    Mainly so that they can protect the corrupt politicians and use the police force to run the drug and Rhino horn distribution on behalf of top government officials.
    It is sad to see a once self sufficient country that was by a very long way the most advanced on the continent being reduced to just another African banana republic .
    The South African education system has been dragged down to the worst in the world so these uneducated suffering masses will believe anything they are told. Fake News driven with agenda of blame all people who dont look and speak like you. Truth is it is those very people who made SA an industrialised nation (Only one in Africa) that are now being targeted as been the root of the issue that is really just corruption and lack of law and order.

dunchues, passingthru69 and Chinatown Thank this.
  5. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Zuma is going down the same path as Mugabe.
    Sad,very sad.

King Q ,do you feel there is someone who can turn the country around?
    Or have you lost faith on the future?

6. king Q

king Q Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Johannesburg sa
    I have responded twice but see neither responses are showing ??
    I could give you pages of reasons for my answer and a bunch of possible scenarios IMO.
    Short answer , No .
    Only God could save the situation.
    Just a few pointers.
    Half the population is under 15.
    They are not being educated or taught any skills that will enable them to make a living.
    SA is not an agricultural subsistence country where these peasants can survive off the land.
    Food security being destroyed by confiscating farms from white farmers who produce 98% of the food output that feeds tha masses.
    Only 10 % of tax payers voted for the political party who has been in charge for the last 24 years.
    Voted are being bought by providing grants , subsidies for the poor masses by increasing tax on the few that do pay (My direct tax is around 59% without all the indirect taxes which add at least another 15% ).
    I pay private schooling , private medical,private pension and private security.
    I am barred from doing any business with any government or major companies due to the colour of my skin.
    If I take rampant corruption , fraud and theft at all government departments.
    Very high birth rates.
    Lack of education.
    Destruction of infrastructure.
    Destruction of food security.
    Widespread fast growing drug use.
    Propaganda driving ethnic tension.
    I just can not see anything other than a major train wreck that is already unfolding.

Possibly a civil war of some fashion but there are so many factions and groups I'm not sure who will be fighting who.
    I am not an alarmist or a drama queen but unless there is some divine intervention it won't be pretty.
    I personally am trying to figure out how to move my family out of here.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    daf105paccar and lilillill Thank this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    It's very hard for someone like you, smart, educated, a hard working family man, to immigrate to the USA. The USA politicians prefer masses of uneducated illiterates.
    I'd probably look at New Zealand or Australia.
    Russia is starting to look better than Canada or England.

8. king Q

king Q Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Johannesburg sa
    I may be a family man and hard working but educated I most certainly am not.
    Two of my sisters now live in the USA , the operations manager from my small trucking company and even my most productive driver also moved there in the last two years. They are all thriving it seems. It is an obvious choice but it is not my decision as you can't just turn up and say "here I am".. New Zealand looks good and a lot of my cousins and some friends moved there in the last decade. Every single one of them are doing okay. Better than they did in SA.
    I have spent the last 5 years developing some technology in rock crushing that I hope will enable this as my trucks cant be exported. Hope I make it , even if I have to be a driver for someone again. Its where I started so I can again if given a chance.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  9. LakeLife80

LakeLife80 Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2016
    Ohio
    White genocide has been going on in South Africa for decades but the media won't touch it.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  10. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    King Q ,i don't think i have to tell you that Australia ( not shure about New Zealand) is much easier to immigrate to if you have investment capital.
    Might sell off the trucks once you have a garantee off papers?
    A controlled getting out off the bussiness might be what is called for.

11. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    I often wonder how any of these illegals would react if someone entered there own back yard?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.