LOL WHAT IS THIS!? How does this happen? And is this fake?

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Brucely, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    In NY it is required on the yearly safety inspection to have a light in the cab that comes on when the dump bed is up.
    Also I can tell you when loaded and the dump bed is up like that at road speed you sure as hell can feel that somethings not right.
    Also I can tell you that driving down the road at road speed with a pto engaged makes the most god awful sound you can imagine.
    Or if the pto were some how able to fall in to gear while going down the road they also make a horrific grinding sound.
    No excuse for this to have occurred in my opinion.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Had this happen in Detroit a couple years back, killed the driver.

4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Was that the one that hit a pedestrian bridge and knocked it down completely?

5. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    First time I tried to engage a PTO without engaging the clutch brake two things happened. The PTO didn't engage and I nearly crapped my pants from the noise.

I've only used PTO's on pneumatics. I'm having difficulty understanding how the PTO could engage when driving down the road, unless it wasn't disengaged?

Hulld Thanks this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You wont believe what a professional.. erm driver does not see going on back there sometimes.

Hell, Ive gotten through some things I never saw coming. Sometimes waking up just enough to write the state line miles down and then dozing off following that convoy... dreaming about that red trailer light in front. Scary.

You can bet that driver did not do that for fame and fortune. I don't think he will be driving for a while after that.

Brucely Thanks this.
  7. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    it's real, he wasn't paying Any attention and took for granted it was locked down.

Brucely Thanks this.
  8. Brucely

Brucely Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    LOL. DID YOU JUST SAY you can fall asleep while driving a truck?

I've read lots of interesting things like this on reddit too. I heard people can drive trucks with both feet up?? and some of them are just watching videos on their smartphones or tablets.

Now you can sleep too?

How easy is it to drive a truck lol. Is it because it's bigger, so the controls are a lot more versatile...

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I'll smile and take the teasing from you. No problems.

I just worry now that today's trucks have gotten TOO Plush and easy to sleep in while it does the driving for you.

The PTO is generally inside of the shift column towards your airride seat. It can be real easy to knock it with a stanley coffee thermos or something as you go down the road. Up she goes just a little bit...

Lepton1 and Brucely Thank this.
  10. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    That’s for sure.
    If you engage it with out putting the clutch in it sounds like you are stripping every gear in the transmission.
    If you take off and forget to disengage it it sounds like an air raid siren.
    This had to be one of those drivers that rides around with ear buds in their ears.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.