Lone Mountain Truck....financing ????

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by MNdriver, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Kennydawgg

Kennydawgg Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2012
    plymouth, MN

I would try night classes before bankruptcy. Math, English and business skills are all important skills to have BEFORE you purchase a truck. Nothing you have mentioned has anything to do with LMTL. It is normal operation of a trucking business.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven

did you take it and have it checked by an independent shop? did you have it dynoed? hard to believe you went from al to nogales and to amarille with turbo about to fall off, a wrench would have helped.

but agian did you pay to have it checked and dynoed or did ya just have enough to make the down payment. and if you do say you checked it out name the shops who did it.

honestly , just put on your big boy britches and deal with it.

dogg478_1902 and precisionpower Thank this.
  4. losttrucker

losttrucker Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2008
    greenville,nc
    You dont have ANY experience with repairs I see!! Didnt you have a warranty on your first A/C compressor or did you do it the cheap way and ONLY replace the compressor?? First rule when replacing a compressor that has failed is flush the lines, new expansion valve, and new receiver/dryer!! Without doing that the new compressor is almost guranteed to fail!!!

Schoob, precisionpower and baha Thank this.
  5. wideload

wideload Heavy Load Member

Sep 1, 2012
    in the granny lane
    hey i have a truck from these guys too. they been great to me. truck was a repo amd they bent over to fix the problems it had before and after i bought it. then again i know how to inspect and work on a truck. lol these people who cant figure out a turbo is half hanging off make me giggle. kinda like the guy today at the tire shop who waited and hour and a half to have his tire psi checked. and have a tire aired up.. seriously? find a new job

6. Pound Puppy

Pound Puppy Heavy Load Member

May 31, 2010
    Amherst, OH
    A/C systems are touchy and must be done properly. They take a lot of abuse, not LMT's fault. The turbo about to fall off!!! How do you not catch that when its eye level during a pretrip? Maybe you should take some online courses about basic truck maintenence. You could have done that yourself and saved the money and time.

They do take trades, i talked them last month about it.

7. RUSSELBURG

RUSSELBURG Light Load Member

May 18, 2007
    Evansville,In
    Welli flew in wed nite i picked up my 2010 Pete 387 yesterday from Lone Mountain in Pacific Junction,Ia and drove it home to Evansville,In with no problems.
    First let me tell other driver what to expect ,If you fly in they send a taxi for you on them , I flew in late at night so i booked a room in Council Bluffs ,Ia They sent a taxi for me the next morning ,There is a cheap local motel and a cafe down the road from them about !/4 mile. There terms are there terms and they will not budge . So if you do not have money for motel,food,they will not front you any.
    I booked a flight and 1st hotel through priceline $209 flight $ 58 motel and $25 for carry on.
    $40 taxi ride was on them 1st day ask which truck i said i need to look them over first so she handed me 4 keys to petes and a prostar so climed in look around each one ,went back in hande her 3 keys back said i might wnat to look at this pete a little longer she handed me 3 more keys to other prostar and volvo and a columbia i looked them over adn gave her keys to the others back and went back to the pete got my flashlight out got my fat ### under the truck and looked at the brakes ,drums ,fuel lines,engins for leaks ,tranny ,driveline climbed out went to the top looked at every hose line radiator,ac/alternator and such .
    I then got the vin numbers off the truck and went inside to run the vin on rigdig [ they allow you to use there desktop computers] i found it had been in a accident so i called prime the last owner the accident was on 12/22/11 in wyoming so i called prime safety dept explained the deal and he wanted the prime truck number said i do not have that so he looked up the date said we had two accident that date in wy ,i said mm 122.5 he said tyes i have that i said it says 2 trucks involved one was towed he said ours was not towed ,the other truck rearended the trailer, thank you ,
    it was about #pm by now so i said i need a dyno done they said great i sadi after i get this done and am good i will pay the down payment so they put 30 gal of fuel in the truck and thats is all they are gonna put into the truck no more ever .so i drove to Select trucks in Council Bluffs Ia to have it dyno and dot insp done they said the dot insp was free this month and the dyno would be $213 with tax i said ok and if they give me a ride to the motel 6 across $48 . So next day have them pick me up the dyno was 87% 396 horse to the ground on a isx 455 cummins, after looking up the meaning of the numbers on the dyno is 80% is considered 100% ok .
    Drove it back to LM and proceeded to give them my down payment $5800 called there insurance agent for a quote and it was 1/2 of what my agent back hoem quoted me with one payment Truenorth $265 filled out all the paper work .
    The apu would not crank so i told them i will not sign until it worked no problem the fix it and it runs great. So Friday about noon i was ready to go had not gotten my 2290 yet forgot so greatwide was getting close to weekendd so i decided to drive it home ,they give you a intransit paper ,so i drove it 680 mile homes with no problems

trucker91, lokahi117, Loke and 4 others Thank this.
  8. RUSSELBURG

RUSSELBURG Light Load Member

May 18, 2007
    Evansville,In
  9. Manny0567

Manny0567 Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2012
    N Dartmouth, MA
    Good luck with the new wheels.

10. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    SoOoo far all I'm seeing is VOLVO Owners crying and complaining and pointing fingers at everybody else but the one person they don't blame is their self, before you take the negative feed back from someone ask If they bought a Volvo.. better yet did he inspect it.. everybody wants a turn key truck... not happening

11. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    i got a 06 volvo from lone mountain it had 512k when i got it.. it now has 749k now and the only major repairs i have had was a clutch, egr cooler and valves, wiring harness

yes i had it checked out, by 4 shops , dyno, dot, suspension & volvo dealer. lone mountain fix the few little things i found wrong

Loke Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.