Lonestar Transportation drivers.. Check in!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by QBall3577, May 18, 2013.

1. AZS

AZS Honk if anything falls off

Sep 30, 2010
    PHX, AZ
    You bet, if you pulled things similar to whats in your avatar you might never see a flatbed lol.

billybakerjr75835 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. billybakerjr75835

billybakerjr75835 Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Crockett Texas
    I move crains for the company I work with now. Its 14 wide had to lay out the out rigger boards and 16 tall. And gross weight is 167. My empty weight on my day cab 4 axle with my 4 axle trailer is 53k
    Ive moved 19 tall and 22 wide on my stretch trailer and over all length was 110. I would rather move the big stuff its a good challenge for me

AZS Thanks this.
  4. djtrype

djtrype Heavy Load Member

Jan 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    Today has undoubtedly been my worst day with LST. I get this load picking up out of Poplar Bluff, MO heading to Laredo today that is coil rollers. And they have to be tarped. I tarped this load as good as I could. It's rather gutless but it was semi-tight. Well, it didn't matter. After 2 hours, 3 tarps and about 60 bungees, I had to pull over with 15 minutes of leaving the shipper to adjust bungees. ~30 minutes later, I've lost about 10 bungees and the wind isn't helping. About an hour into my trip, I've stopped 2 more times to readjust the bungees and had to add some rope as I'm out of bungees.

I get to Newport, AR only to lose the second tarp entirely. I'm worn out beyond belief. My hands are sore. I'm a mess. I adjust the two tarps I have left. They've made it to Bald Knob with me, but barely. My large tarp is torn beyond functionality. I padded EVERY corner and sharp edge to no avail. I'm real close to giving up. This isn't worth $100 in tarp pay much less $30. I hope you guys are doing much better out there.

Sleepy68 Thanks this.
  5. AZS

AZS Honk if anything falls off

Sep 30, 2010
    PHX, AZ
    hang in there man, loads like that do pop up from time to time that go to Laredo and they're always tarped and usually some old nasty machinery. Don't worry about the tarps, lots of people rip em up on those kind of loads, so many sharp corners/edges that it's just too many to protect or simply too precarious trying to climb on the slick machinery to get to the sharp corners.

I'm in Houston, a few of us got motor graders going to Aurora, CO, 14'5 tall but couldn't get permits in time yesterday to be able to roll out of the port.

Sleepy68 and djtrype Thank this.
  6. djtrype

Jan 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    You nailed it dude. And it's a brokered load so it sucks so much more.

Anyway, deliver tomorrow then pickup in Del Rio, TX to Philly for Monday. Miles are picking up now.

Good luck going to Aurora.

AZS Thanks this.
  7. Speedemon1084

Speedemon1084 Medium Load Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Collins, MS
    Any one of yall drive 356?

8. djtrype

Jan 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    Not I. I'm 284.

Doing my first Rotan load tomorrow. It was bound to happen.

Speedemon1084 Thanks this.
  9. Speedemon1084

Speedemon1084 Medium Load Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Collins, MS
    Rotan ain't bad. Just real dusty, so I wouldn't wash the truck before going.

djtrype Thanks this.
  10. countrymouse

countrymouse Bobtail Member

May 23, 2012
    Plainview, TX
    DJ,
    Were you on the side of the road on I 20 about MM 380 around 4:00? I saw a 387 on the west bound side at that time.

11. djtrype

Jan 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    Yes I was. Busted an air line and chamber on the trailer. I just got to the Tye J.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.