Longer trip vs difficult back

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Drpparker95, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    That’s a long time for that many stops and cases. Are you double stacking your 20 oz’s or just running in single stacks? How about 2 liters? How many are running in on one hand truck?

Maybe we can help speed you up

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Drpparker95

Drpparker95 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    We use a fold out dolly usually take about 12 shells of 20 ounces on it any taller and they tend to shift around too much. We have a bigger u boat that will hold about 25 cases but its a pain to get in and out of the store. We usually get to our first stop around 6 and were back by 3 most days

4. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    I prefer the u boat because it holds more and steers better

5. Dumdriver

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    Those lay down carts are more trouble than they’re worth. Especially if you have to go up curbs or up and down steps. A regular hand truck is much quicker- imo. I do 12 stacks of 20 oz and 10 stacks of 2 liters over all sorts of terrain and up and down steps all day long.

We don’t have helpers and we go out with minimum of 500 cases (they won’t send a truck out with less- usually more). Do you have an option of a regular hand truck?

6. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Its a convertible one itll hold 6 20 ounces or with it laid down itll hold 12 to 16 depending on terrain and what not

7. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Average stop ie is probably about 20 or 30 cases. Hospitals average about 40, shell and chevrons average between 40 and 50. The pilots gets between 50 and 60 and dollar trees get at least 50. I only have 1 dolly and one u boat. At dollar tree and dollar general i usually just use their u boats because they hold alot more

8. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Ive been told a stop with say 30 cases shouldn't take more than about 45 minutes between unloading, stocking, pricing and checking in does that sound about right?

9. Dumdriver

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    We have a program that dispatch uses to route us. It works on a case per minute average. Some of the stops that are all pack outs like dollar stores drug stores, etc etc take longer- but the pizzerias, and hospitals, schools etc etc are faster.

So it averages out to be pretty close to that

Cardfan89 Thanks this.
  10. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    The hospitals i fill the coolers in the cafateria, dollar tree fill up the cooler up front then stack everything else in the back. Those gas stations and truck stops that average 40 plus cases mostly 20 ounces kill me. Usually i try to rotate product and fill up any row that is missing some. Any advice to speed up on those dang stops where you have to work everything

11. Dumdriver

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    They are what they are. You’ll get faster as you learn where everything is. You just gotta bust it on your drops and make up ground there. You should be in and out on them

Cardfan89 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.