Longest Live Load/Unload? Can u top this?

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by shaken, Dec 22, 2006.

1. cabwrecker

cabwrecker The clutch wrecker

Mar 23, 2012
    Oh my god, Durabag is AWFUL! I snagged a load off them when I did a produce drop in Louisville, took them 10 hours to load 14 pallets on me! I roled in at around 0800 and about 1700 I was reserving parking at the TA down the road... didn't end up getting out until around 2100 if I recall correctly.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pjw044

pjw044 Heavy Load Member

OK....how about arriving at Cargill in Plainview Tx at 1400hrs on a friday
    and departing at Midnight on Sunday................

4. tangerineGT

tangerineGT Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA
    Wait .... what depart on sunday ????? Did u say dammmmmmm

5. tangerineGT

tangerineGT Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA
    Ok I am getting close to beating some of these , lol. And am getting irritated in the process. .

App. Time was 1300 , and I have been here for 19 hrs and they said they don't know how much longer . The worst part about this is , the trailer was supposed to be PREloaded when I got here ready to hook and go. . And yes I said preloaded ...this place sucks !!!!!!!!!!

6. Miss Sass

Miss Sass Light Load Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Buddy of mine who is OO said he purposely started a fight with shipper at Cargill just so he would be banned and dispatchers wouldn't send him there ever again. Kind of funny. Lol and kind of stupid and genius too.

7. Rooster1291979

Rooster1291979 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2012
    NOLA
    Was supposed to unload at 0700 Friday morning in Cambridge Mass. Loaded 1000 miles away Wednesday night, with no hours left. Called dispatch to reschedule for later that day. Was told crane couldn't be back till Monday at 0700. Sat for 2 days in a service plaza in upstate NY. They paid $750 in detention so it wasn't all bad.

8. yuban

yuban Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Between 2 Doors
    4 years ago at a cold storage. My first trip. I plan on retiring on my per diem and detention pay...

9. rexcnt87

rexcnt87 Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Supervalu in MS has been my longest. I think I was there 8-9hours. C&S in NY took their sweet time too. But atleast I was able to spend the night there at C&S. Oh and Cargils sometimes take their sweet time. But you can stay there if you run out of hours. More shippers/receivers should do this if you are going to be there for a while. Going off on a side note Cargills been pissing me off lately. Mainly its the weight... But sometimes just a bunch of stuff. One time they had drive thru terrible snowy conditions(Chicago to IA),than wait all night, gave me a terrible trailer, and than when I got on their scale I was 80k exactly! I'm like really....

10. Stinky Dairy Air

Stinky Dairy Air Light Load Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Midwest
    When picking up fresh produce near the Mexico border you have to wait for the crop to be picked. It's an all day wait and if there's a line of trucks ahead of you...its an all night wait. There has been times were I didn't get loaded until 4am.

11. GabeScott

GabeScott Medium Load Member

Feb 16, 2014
    I've had 24+ hour waits at Tyson and Bud on more than one occasion. It sort of SOP at those two places.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.