Look at these 2 Truckers Playing Bumper-Rigs on the Highway!!!

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by TruckMafk, Jan 31, 2015.

1. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Slow trucks are going to have to learn to stay in the right lane or face aggressive drivers like this one.

TruckMafk, Shaggy and brandyrose Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BASARAB

BASARAB Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Warren, mi
    It bugs the crap out of me on i-80 in OH. Stupid governed at 62 trucks in the middle lane on cruise control. BTW, on that freeway there are signs saying trucks and slower traffic use right two lanes. Does it mean I can get a ticket if I use the left lane to pass? You can get stuck for half hour behind these idiots if you dont use left lane.

pattyj and TruckMafk Thank this.
  4. Lucar

Lucar Road Train Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Texas
    Maybe werner was a lease.. you know they're governed and powered down to keep the "owner operator" safe and successfull right?

Out of joking.. the guy in the international may someday find a black pete 579 on the road. Try it buddy!

TruckMafk, flood and kona911 Thank this.
  5. Menehune

Menehune Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Since when is it illegal to drive in the center lane of a three lane freeway? Besides, last I heard the speed limit was for all three lanes, not just the right lane. Using the middle lane allows a cuhsion between you and the fool entering or leaving the freeway at exits. As for the video the Warner truck , as long as he was doing the speed limit, is within his legal right to be in the middle lane. The guy in the right lane is negligent as to distracted driving as he apparently was holding a camera or cell phone and filming while driving. The other driver is a agressive driver and deserves to be ticketed before he hurts or kills someone. Everyone is entitled to their own belief, that is mine.

flood Thanks this.
  6. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    if you would LOOK at the video you will see that the person holding the camera is in the PASSANGER seat...

TruckMafk and Lucar Thank this.
  7. BASARAB

BASARAB Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Warren, mi
    So the speed limit is 65, the guy in the middle lane doing 60, you can not pass him on the right, because everybody is entering and leaving highway, the left lane is truck prohibited. So, you would not be pissed driving behind the slow guy?? In my opinion, since trucks can not always get into 3rd lane to pass, if you are driving under speed limit or at the speed limit, but there trucks wanting to pass you, then move your ### to the right lane.
    Its the same stuupid logic when you are driving a 4 wheeler. Somebody would get into the third lane and start driving at speed limit. Yes, technically he is driving legally, but he has to move his ### out if there are cars close behind him.

NHL_fan, Mr Ed and pattyj Thank this.
  8. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    All this squabble over getting to the final 2 minutes earlier.....

TruckMafk and tinytim Thank this.
  9. walstib

walstib Darkstar

It's about being considerate, not saving minutes, saving minutes is the benefit of considerate drivers...You never know, that 2 min may be difference in being in front of or behind an accident, not saying, just saying....

One of my peeves is a rt ln driver doing 64 in a 70, it's all he can do, I get it, but when someone is trying to pass at 65(I know, another thread), what would it hurt to lift foot up for about 2 seconds and let the person get in front of you, he's not going to hold you up, but you would be considerate of those behind him...I know, it's not your problem but sometimes we do the right thing because it makes us a better person, not just because it comes with instant personal gratification...I've driven 70mph trucks, if someone is passing me at 71, or whatever and I see a line behind him, I lift my foot, that's all the effort I have to put into some good kharma for MYSELF!...jmho, yours may vary...

TruckMafk and Numb Thank this.
  10. Menehune

Menehune Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Since you have changed the question, if you are doing less then the speed limit then you should be in the slow lane. BUT if you are doing the speed limit, why should I have to be in the right lane just because you want to break the law? I have no problem with following another vehicle at speed limit, if I want to go faster then I should wait for the opportunity and pass.You are corret in that a truck is not supposed to pass in the left name, except on a two lane freeway. Therefore, you wait for the opportunity then pass, that is called patience. If I am driving under the speed limit then yes I should go to the right lane, but if I am doing the speed limit then you can wait to break the law and do the speed limit with me. Whetehr it is a 4 wheeler or a tractor/trailer the speed is the same in all lanes. Therefore a 4 wheeler has the right to do the speed limit in any lane he/she chooses whether you like it or not. As for tractor/trailers you have to stay out of the left lane , and you too can do the speed limit in all other lanes. If you dont like the speed limit then work to have it changed, or any other law you dont like.

11. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    One day it's going to come to this:

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.