Look out for changes at Quality Carriers

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Truck-N-Tech, Apr 26, 2013.

1. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    There are 2 terminals in the same building at Calvert City owned by the same affiliate . 861 was once a corporate terminal . Tampa's ignorance shows in the low rates and the way trucks are spec'ed . Those Macks are taching 1600 rpm at 65 mph - above their sweet spot . 732 Macks tach 1425 at 65 - the lower end of their sweet spot . I have pulled a couple of 861 loads then refused to do them because they were giving 861 drivers better paying 732 loads .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Arbalest

Arbalest Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Longview, WA
    Tampa seems to be ignorant of a great many things, from my experiences. :biggrin_2559:

... and I had no idea that the 861 Macks were any different from the 732 Macks. Interesting... I wish I knew everything you knew. I feel just as ignorant as Tampa. Dx

4. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Yes , the 732 owner bought 861 from corporate and the trucks came with it . The one thing that is better is dispatch . 861 doesn't get half the loads it did a couple of years ago . 732 Owensboro doesn't get a quarter of the loads they did a few years ago . If you don't have a passport and they try to get you to get one , don't . You know the rate only pays one way . The ones in Quebec and Missasauga take over 4 hours to unload with no detention time . The one from Carrollton to Bradford , ON isn't bad but they are bad about cancelling the day before loading . That could cost you a couple of days work . A few years ago we had 10 drivers with passports . For a while last year I was the only one . I warned them I wouldn't put up with losing money on the Canada loads .
    One time they had a Canada load I wasn't available for . The paid a Canadian QC driver to bobtail all the way to Owensboro , deliver in Canada , deadhead the trailer back , then bobtail back to Canada . TTC trailers need a special liner . 732 has 2 trailers dedicated to that account.

5. Arbalest

Arbalest Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Longview, WA
    I don't plan on getting a passport, if I can help it... the only 861 Canada run I'd be interested in taking is the British Columbia one, but I know I wouldn't get that too often, and I hear border-crossing in the eastern provinces is a major drag. I figure the terminal staff, particularly the dispatchers, are far too busy with other things, anyway; I've managed to go without a pump for over a year now (PTO shaft/outlet got destroyed when my transmission got fracked) and I plan on running without it for as long as I can... latex pumping sucks (no pun intended).

6. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    861 info on bills was always wrong as far as needed equipment goes . The pump wasn't working on my truck and they wanted me to take one of the white Macks to New Brunswick Canada because the bill said it needed to be pumped off . I said BS . It was emulsion . No reason it couldn't be aired off . When I got there the customer pumped it off with their pump .

7. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    I believe I've done some of those loads a long time ago..... Is this the place (Calvert City) that chemical Leaman and Montgomery tank lines shared a yard.. And the " latex plant" down the road is Air Products ?

They preloaded all the loads for us . Always 45,000 lbs net exactly ..... Some good times there. But even back then the rates sucked ! !

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  8. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Yes , the affiliate owner was leased to Montgomery and still has some of the same tanks . He owns terminals 732 which gets preloaded at ISP which was bought by Ashland . He took over 861 from corporate . 861 loads are from Wacker . Wacker is union and Trimac has to shuttle the loads from the plant to the terminal . QC drivers aren't allowed in the plant .

9. regional rat

regional rat Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2013
    Chicagoland
    You guys know anything about the working conditions at the Markhan Il. corporatley owned terminal.
    Or Affiliate midwest services out of Joliet IL.
    Got a call from a place working for QC about some back ground info, So it Sounds like there looking at me.

10. oneshyne

oneshyne Light Load Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Northern NJ
    732 terminal where im from *Rahway NJ* theyll keep me running. my only problem i had with them is everytime i submit my paperwork theyll tell me they havent receive it a couple of times. so my pay is not what i normally average. it was like that for the past 3 weeks. I been having pay problems which prompt me to looking in with other carriers. This week its correct. But past 3 weeks or so im tired getting on the phone with them talking about my pay.

11. RogerThat72

RogerThat72 Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2014

You ain't kidding I'm not from that terminal but I'm under paid every week and I'm not talking about 100 bucks. I'm talking 300-500 and I'm about to blow like a volcano next time it happens

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.