Looking for a job

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by Teaforone, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teaforone

Teaforone Light Load Member

Nov 16, 2008
    In the Sandhills, NC
    Some of you may know me, if not my blogs will help out.

Anyway, I am going to post how I am looking for a job. Since members can now come here now and post I am going to take advantage of this all I can. I know the chances are slim to nill for anyone hiring me, but you got to try. Go ahead and call me an idiot or a dolt for posting this; you have a right to your opinion. You can say anything you want about how it is dumb to ask or how I am a typical newb wanting a job. I am going to post.

I graduated from a truck driving school in 2005 and had 8 months over the road when I was 21. I am now 24. I know, I am young, but I am old to a high schooler. I am not some kid who hardly knows what he is doing. In my short life I have done much and been through hard times, but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I have not driven in 3 years because I was taking care of my father who had cancer for almost a year. I have been taking care of his house and all his affairs and I want to drive again. In February, I passed a refresher course at my old truck driving school. Even though I was trained at US Xpress, I can still handle a manual. I wouldn't have been able to pass my refresher if I couldn't. I might be a little rusty, but I can still manuever like when I drove.

I have never been arrested, I have never done illegal drugs (I'm a square I guess), and I don't smoke. I have no problem being with anybody who does smoke, it does not bother me. Accidents? Yeah, I hit a stop sign in 2005 with a trailer and got a ticket for improper backing (even the police officer said he didn't know what to write). I was once hit by a hit and run driver. Do I have a tickets? Yes, the one I mentioned and a 6 mile over the limit in my private vehicle in Colorado. The cop pulled me over when I passed him, he was going slow. Figure it out, an NC plate in Colorado doing six miles over=easy$$$. I have my own medical insurance. If I was going to be hired by an o/o or teaming, I would be willing to contribute to any repair costs that might happen. I can pay something like a quater of the cost for repairs from whatever you pay.

So there it is. Some may think I am a #### for having the nerve to even ask for anything or using this site like this, so be it. The fact of the matter is I love driving a truck. I know there is not much money in this industry, but I just want to be back out there. Its sounds crazy, but I miss it terribly. Go ahead and post any negatives or whatever. If anyone is interested just pm or respond. Its been quite a time since I came to this site in November 2008.

Thanks all, if this post irks you please forgive me. See you somewhere else on this site.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.