Looking for a new trailer

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by AgPilot1, Jan 31, 2023.

1. dirthaller

dirthaller Heavy Load Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Coloratah
    Western is a combo. Lightweight but the frame will still rust.
    A buddy of mine who’s been flatbedding for 3 decades, refuses to own anything except Wilson. His son bought a brand new East a dozen years ago and the deck had a 3/4 stone punched through it with a frozen pallet that came off the ground. He was also quickly converted to Wilson. Wilson must use the same quality aluminum on the deck of their flats as they do their bull wagons.
    I pull a Mac that I purchased brand new 11 years ago and it’s holding up great!
    I wouldn’t have a Fontaine for the simple fact that you are beholden to the manufacturer/dealer to get taillights for the thing!
    Me? I would prefer Wilson, Mac, Great Dane, Reitnour.
    ETA: if Reinke still made trailers, I’d own one as well. I’ve owned 2 Reinke trailers.

D.Tibbitt, YardMule89, cke and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Very good point. I guess it all depends on what you haul in the end.

D.Tibbitt and cke Thank this.
  4. Fatboy42

Fatboy42 Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Indiana
    I have a 1996 Wilson combo still love it and bought brand new 2021 benson 724 conastoga in 2020 I love the benson I’m mostly a steel hauler and the benson has served me well so far

Ruthless and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  5. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Not sure how stout of a trailer you need. but there is alot of brand new dorseys on the market down here in az... sure its not a mac or reitnour but it also dont have that price tag.. i used to shuffle between a fontaine flat and dorsey step when i was with dsv... didnt have any complaints with it. put that thing thru hell taking it off road and loading 50k+ most loads... only thing i cant comment on is the longevity of it... only ran it for about a year or less... i rolled my 2014 fontaine combo back in 2021 when i wrecked my truck with 55k pounds of rocks on it.. twisted it like a corkscrew. they pulled that thing out of the ditch and it drove straight down the highway. drove it for bout 3 months after the wreck...i would definatly go with a fontaine again if i was buying one myself.

Dorsey 48' x 102" Flatbed Trailer For Sale | Midco Sales

Oxbow, Ruthless and Siinman Thank this.
  6. Atlaw4u

Atlaw4u Heavy Load Member

Jun 8, 2018
    I have a 2017 aluminum Fontaine Revolution 53' step deck. It has the tire inflation system, loading ramps, 2 side boxes, digital scale and comes with tarps and a set of 4 new tires I have not installed yet. I can also include straps, chains, binders and a headache rack, if needed.

Oxbow and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.