Looking for a small company that treats drivers right

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Bootheel Runner, Jan 9, 2018.

1. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    You don’t expect everyone to up and move to Scranton do you?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bootheel Runner

Bootheel Runner Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2017
    right?!

Steel Dragon Thanks this.
  4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    You have a problem with Pennsylvania?

5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    8 companies in 11 months.
    OK here is the reality. No decent company is going to hire you with that many employers in that time frame. Hate to be the erection of the group, but it is what it is.

6. Bootheel Runner

Bootheel Runner Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2017
    all I really care about is obviously rate of pay and reliability of payment, but honesty and I cant stand someone that micro manages. tell me where to be and when to be there and ill get the #### thing there. I don't need your special bs routing that takes me an extra hundred miles just to avoid a class 3 route bc some drivers cant run a 2 lane. (not to mention the fact that you aren't going to pay me for those miles because you calculate zip to zip using shortest route, truck friendly or not) I'm thinking some backwoods company that has been around forever and is used to running outlaw would be my best fit. All I need is a name, but no one can seem to provide one. I understand that it looks bad, but at the same time, I cant stick around if I'm not able to pay my bills whatever the reason might be. I am a great employee to the right company, just haven't found them yet. Maybe a fleet owner? Oh yeah. Can't stand a 65 MPH truck either...

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    West Side Transport and K&B Transportation both have a guaranteed minimum weekly pay; Starts out about $900.00 then after 12 months bumps up to over a thousand weekly. This is guaranteed and you can make more but not less.
    If you've had 8 jobs in 11 months, that's going to be a big problem with most companies. Try a temp service that hires cdl drivers. You can change companies as often as you want, but it's not job hopping because you work for the temp service and are paid by the temp service. If you find a company you like, you can tell the temp service to leave you there.

You won't find an outlaw company to work for because Elogs are mandatory since 18th of December.

8. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    The point of trucking is not to need to live in an certain area. If this were not true all dc warehouses would be in the center of every large city.

Steel Dragon and Bootheel Runner Thank this.
  9. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    It sucks ####!

Coover and Steel Dragon Thank this.
  10. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    This last part is not true. On both parts.
    Why Do people keeps passing lies as truth.

11. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Good question. What's the answer?

Dan.S, Coover and Steel Dragon Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.