Looking for a small company that treats drivers right

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Bootheel Runner, Jan 9, 2018.

1. vinsanity0

vinsanity0 Light Load Member

Jun 26, 2016
    Some guys get lucky and find what you are looking for. Most of us had to pay some dues first. I started with CRST. Some weeks I was lucky to make 400, but I stuck with it for a year and a half. Moved half a step up to USX. Worked there 2 years. Then got into bedbugging for a little while. NOW I can pick and choose who I want to work for. Just found a job paying 1500 a week. 3 weeks on, one week home.

8 jobs in 11 months? What are you showing these people? You need to get serious. Your dream job is out there, 5 years down the road.

Wingnut1 and Just passing by Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    @Bootheel Runner. If your csa is spotless maybe you could consider looking for a bull hauling carrier, or pig, or grain, or produce. Those are all paper type logging exemptions. Or find a reefer carrier that uses paper and older trucks.

4. Bootheel Runner

Bootheel Runner Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2017
    I
    Ive been looking for a otr hopper company but coming up empty.

5. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    You could look into Wylie trucking. They are flatbed and a medium carrier that went to all elog and they are flat bed, they will train for flat bed. Their trucks are 65mph governed. They say you can go OTR. They do have some good looking benefits. Training is in Fargo I believe. Tell them to rent you a car if they want to hire you.
    Stay with them for a year or two if you like flatbed, than go anywhere you want, than look for paper log carrier.

6. BritM

BritM Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Whoa! That's great. Glad there's hope for me once I get more experience under my belt.

7. Bootheel Runner

Aug 20, 2017
    Update: Screwed by Ryder truck lease / HVH Transportation. I made $300 in a little over 90 days and ended up $4900 in the hole to HVH because Ryder's "guarantee' on maintenance is complete bs. I was under 3 loads without being broken down over 4 months and ended up with a truck that caught on fire. Their "sub units" that are supposed to be provided after a 2 hour delay when you do break are worse than the lease truck that broke in the first place. I went through 9. The last one had to be brought to me in Grand Junction, CO from Las Vegas, NV (Over 500 miles) and I had to fight with ryder to put me in a hotel room for the 24 hour delay. I didn't see the house for more than a 10 from jan to april and when I tried to quit and bobtail home to lick my wounds they play the "lets fix this and work it out" card. I turn around and head back to Denver (280 miles) and they terminate me and kill my lease. When I ask how I'm supposed to get home the response is "Not our problem". So I loose everything that I own through this (House, Car, wife files for divorce) and have everything that's left (clothes, important documents, sentimental items that would fit" in this POS truck with me and have to leave it to return to my broken home (counting down to eviction and facing power disconnect at midnight) on a flight paid for by money traded for some promises that I don't know how I will keep, and try to pull what's left myself together. As I am writing this I have $ 1.87 to my name. I have not eaten in 36 hours. I cannot guarantee responses to this thread at this point because I plan to walk to the pawn shop here in town with this laptop and some tools in the morning. The best option? No. I don't see any other choice. Where do I go from here?

8. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    C-T Trucking Cash Ar.

9. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    I am not going to tell you how you should have done this or that. Hope something works out.

10. Bootheel Runner

Aug 20, 2017
    I found a C-T out of Greenway Ar. Is this the same company? Do you have contact information? Very Interested. I think I found somewhere to stay in Piggott Ar. Any leads are very Much appreciated.

11. Bootheel Runner

Aug 20, 2017
    I don't know that there was a right way to do things once I signed that lease. I know that that was my first mistake and that everything else stemmed from that. Therefore this was my fault, or at least the majority of it was, and I do take responsibility for my part. I just don't like being lied to. With that being said please know that I'm not some whiny ### punk that is playing woe is me card. I posted that to let other operators know what this company and partnership between HVH and Ryder is all about. My Load Planner said that he has seen this happen to 100 others. When I asked him why he would work for a company that does this, he said that he was embarrassed to work for a company that worked like that and that his days were numbered. I truly believe that. He was the only bright side to my experience there. The day I left they signed on 40 new leases.
    I Just don't want to see this happen to someone else.

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.