Looking for a sponsor to work and to get visa H2B

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by gatostruck, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gatostruck

gatostruck Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Denver CO
    My Name is Fabian Jimenez, I am from Bogota, Colombia. I have been living in the U.S. for five years. I used to live in Statesville NC, where I got my CDL through Truck Driver Training at Mitchell Community College as part of Caldwell Community College program, but I am currently living in Denver, CO.

Once I got my CDL, I worked as a truck driver at Averitt Express, where I worked for 1 year and 4 months. Unfortunately I left my job because I moved to Denver, CO and my legal status changed.

In the past five years until July 2015, I had a J2 visa but I now currently have an H4 visa, which does not allow me to work in the U.S. However, I found a legal way which allows me to be able to work in the United States.

The following article published by American Trucking Asociation states that;
    "According to a new analysis by the American Trucking Associations, the shortage of truck drivers has grown to nearly 48,000 and could expand further due to industry growth and a retiring workforce..."

Based on the previous article, I can work in the U.S. if I change my visa, from H4 to H-2B visa category, which allows for temporary or seasonal work. First of all, this type of visa requires that I'm offered a job in which the company or employer who hired me provides for the following;

* Verification that the job is for a limited period (under 12 months)
    * A temporary Labor Certification from the US Department of Labor to prove a shortage of available US workers in your profession
    * Verification that I have experience in my particular profession (written evidence/ references will be required)

If you know a company where I can apply, let me know. Thank you

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ATC

ATC Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Fabian this is Sean with TJ Transportation I own small trucking company have been looking to hire drivers using H2B visa I might be able to help/hire you office number 314-882-3908 or email me 999dispatch@gmail.com don't reply in here i don't check often you can also send text to 314-882-3908

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.