looking for advice on Schneider or not?

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Tlauden, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Lifechange05

Lifechange05 Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Northwest Florida
    I'm a current Schneider driver. With Schneider tankers is where you make the money unless you like van team driving. You can make good money, but their fleet is aging. Just remember that if you make it 6 months or more that you will likely be the only one left in your starting class. Schneider goes through a lot of driver I would probably bet that most leave willingly in search of greener pastures. If your starting g out understand that the driving training is not as though as other companies like Steven's or Werner and when winter hits and you're going up I77 in West Virginia that there wont be the greatest feeling in your stomach.

VIDEODROME and Tlauden Thank this.
  2. Tlauden

Tlauden Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2018
    I applied for one grant already, its only $1K but its better than nothing! At this point it would help a lot with keeping out of pocket costs down

3. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Right, exactly .

4. Tlauden

Tlauden Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2018
    Thanks for the honest feedback!

5. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Sure , good luck. You either will, or you won't. No way of telling until you get out there

6. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    Any other drivers hearing about a required sleep study mentioned in ChancesAreGood's thread? Schneider might work for relocation plans that I have, but that is kind of a turn off.

Is that automatic for everyone or required at a certain weight or BMI?

7. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Doctors discretion.

VIDEODROME Thanks this.
  8. Lifechange05

Dec 5, 2016
    Northwest Florida
    Yeah I'm sure doctors discretion applies to this, however, Schneider gets many drivers on this thing because inorder to qualify for the health saving account deposit drivers are required to complete a health screening which provides Schneider the information to process the sleep testing. Keep in mind you have to do the screening because Schneider only provides a obama medical insurance plan which comes with a high yearly deductible so you have to have the health savings account to offset health care expenses. A friend of mine under went the sleep study which somehow was able to be billed to his medical insurance once it became active. He received his machine and testing before insurance was valid. I'm sure theres a scam to this whole sleep study testing and machines being passed out.....they seem to be passed out like candy on Halloween night.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  9. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    you've worked for sni how long?

10. Lifechange05

Dec 5, 2016
    Northwest Florida
    14 months.....I'm currently still there

mattymatt Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.