Looking for Company Sponsored CDL Schools (Michigan)

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Reefmaster, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    @Chinatown here is one for your quiver. ;-)

I don't know exactly where you are in Michigan, but this outfit was the one my stepson used to finance his CDL training. Michigan Rural Rehabilitation Corporation :: TARRF Loans

There was no upfront money needed, but he needed a co-signer. Dummy me signed. He quit paying the bill... It was $48 a month. They are good folks to work with if you qualify. I would give them a call. Their office is right across the street from Love's at Exit 112 off of I-94 in Marshall MI.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Good idea; some companies will pay the tuition for you, so ask the schools about that.
    Schneider is hooked up with many schools and has a rider program which you posted you want.
    Schneider has their own cdl school in Gary, Indiana.

4. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Macomb county Community College used to have a great program @ about half cost of others worth a call

5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    www.realisticdiplomas.com will help you get a GED or high school diploma, including transcripts if you want them.
    Did you try Stevens Transport in Post #4 and if not, do the online application and a recruiter will contact you.

6. timidlady

timidlady Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2018
    I just quit my job because a man I dated posted all over fb I should be fired after I refused to sleep with him. Trucking really sounds good right now. But I won't qualify for WIOA. I sent out some emails to see if there are any charitable organizations would help me out. Too bad living a chaste life doesn't generate funding.

7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Try Stevens Transport - www.stevenstransport.com
    [​IMG]
    Apply for their cdl school online, from their website. Transportation, food, lodging is provided.
    Stevens Transport does a urine drug test, so you need to be clean 90 days to pass.

timidlady Thanks this.
  8. timidlady

timidlady Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2018
    I may use them! They look pretty good! I was asking the recruiter how long to first pay and she said seven weeks! That's a tough run for me being just me. It's a great job but I don't want to lose my home and car to get started. I still have a few responsibilities. Pretty minimum compared to some but still. I'm working out my options to get through that part.

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Roehl Transport and Online Transport pay you while in their cdl school. Call the companies for details.
    Roehl does hair follicle drug test, so you need to be clean 12 mos. to pass.
    Online Transport - don't know which drug test they do. If it's urine drug test, you need to be clean 90 days to pass.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.