Looking for company that offers free CDL training

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Jensen_B, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Jensen_B

Jensen_B Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Hello,

I want to become an OTR truck driver but I don’t have a CDL. I’m looking for a company in Las Vegas that offers free CDL training.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's some that hire Las Vegas students; lodging & meals provided plus transportation from your home to the school:
    Jim Palmer Trucking
    CFI - www.cfidrive.com
    Stevens Transport
    Prime Inc.

CJ701 and Jensen_B Thank this.
  4. Matt43324

Matt43324 Light Load Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Are you by any chance a veteran of any armed forces? I can point you to a great school i just completed myself if you are

5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Have you looked at Southwest Truck Driver Training in Las Vegas? They offer financing and your first payment isn't due until 45 days after graduating. You'll have a job the day you graduate.
    [​IMG]
    LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
    Our North Las Vegas location is situated east of the I-15 off of Craig Road. We are minutes away from Nellis Air Force Base and you are just weeks from a new career in Truck Driving.
    [​IMG]
    In-House Financing
    For students who do not meet state grant requirements, Southwest Truck Driver Training offers an in-house tuition program to help meet your needs. We offer affordable payment plans to suit your needs. Loans payments typically do not start until 45 days after graduation which gives you time to secure a driving position before making any payment. Contact a Financial Aid Representative to find out more about this program.

6. Jensen_B

Jensen_B Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Matt, unfortunately no I’m not :/

Chinatown, Southwest Truck Driver Training is what I was looking for. I will look into it now. Thank you.

CJ701 and Chinatown Thank this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I can give you a pretty good list of companies that hire from that school if you want them.
    The school also has a list, but I can give you more on top of their list.
    Avoid Dollar General accounts with any company or any other account like that. Tose can derail your new career in a hurry due to bumping into things in Dollar General parking lots. Even experienced drivers get fired on that account.

tscottme and Jensen_B Thank this.
  8. Jensen_B

Jensen_B Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    What are the best top companies that hire from this school?

Thanks

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Freymiller
    Old Dominion Freight Line
    Melton Truck Lines
    Schuster
    CFI - www.cfidrive.com
    Navajo Express
    FFE (Frozen Food Express)
    Titan Transfer
    Butler Transport

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    Jensen_B Thanks this.
  10. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Oh boy.

Is this the product of “everything should be “free”” as taught in school or they learn today in their social circles? Has it already started? Is this just the beginning of a new hell on earth for hard working Americans (to have to be taxed additional to pay for somebody else’s benefit?)

Even if a company pays for your training, you’re going to ultimately pay it back in wage deductions or suppressed wage rates. And no, I’m not going to be happy paying for your school [as a taxpayer] unless you’re a military vet

11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    As soon as you get a school start date, submit application to those companies if you think they're what you want. The companies will look over you job application and give you job offers contingent upon successfully graduating from cdl school. Apply to as many as you want; the more the better.

Jensen_B Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.