Looking for container/chassis software

Discussion in 'Intermodal Trucking Forum' started by Jennyspete, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Jennyspete

Jennyspete Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2010
    ma
    Hi,
    I run reefer, dry van, flatbed and dump trailer but I (probably stupidly) decided to add containers to the mix. One of my customers needed a new container hauler and they approached me.

So I've been pulling containers since Dec about 15 to 20 Containers a week. The amount will increase as I can provide more capacity. The problem I'm having is keeping track of what containers are out and when they need to be returned to the port by.

Every container I deliver is just dropped so I have to go back and pick it up. However, I deliver to several locations and trying to make sure everything gets back on time so I don't get charged , is proving to be a little crazy with everything else I'm doing.

So im wondering if anyone knows of any good software that would help keep track of equipment and when it's due back or if someone has any other system they use.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cdiy

cdiy Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Sorry I’m just seeing this, but it’s very easy for me to keep track of. I simply have a dispatch log, as well as a turn in/pull out log designed via excel. We know certain steamship lines only allow a certain amount of free days for certain types of equipment, so if I were you, is would simply design a spreadsheet with columns in the order of: Container, Booking/Bill of Lading, Customer/Location, Date Out, Last Free Day

If you maintain this every day you will be good to go.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.