Looking for exp o/o info for financing

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by snowman82, May 4, 2013.

1. snowman82

snowman82 Bobtail Member

May 4, 2013
    it's not that I have bad credit I just never buy on credit why owe someone for something when you can own it. just the way this ole country boy was raised. I own my own home and vehicles but not going to put them up for colateral. I was asking for info on financing not advice for personal financial situation. but thanks for the reply

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowman82

snowman82 Bobtail Member

May 4, 2013
    Thanks for the run son. But not in my blood and the good lord up above has my back. And by the way I'm not scared of the suits I work my ##### off to pay my bills and provide for my family and I know I can make it in the industry I'm not just your every tom dick and harry driver 8 of my 9yrs are heavyhaul. but to everyone that gave good info and not judgement Very much APPRECIATED.

blacklabel Thanks this.
  4. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    to GET financing, you have to have an established credit history. If you buy everything on cash, you establish no history.

If you are running into issues with not being able to get ANY financing, then get a credit card. Use it for EVERYTHING and pay the balance off every month or week. You now have an established credit history.

Learn how THEIR game works and use it to your advantage.

Take a loan out on your car, put it in a savings account and pay it off in 6 months. Even if it's only $2000. You have established credit history.

It sounds silly, but those are the things they are looking at. Especially if you have a long term finance item like a house or rent payment.

WHAT HISTORY have you established that they are able to verify that you can handle financing. Done right, by fall, you'll be able to go in and get financing on a truck.

Either that or save your pennies a whole bunch more and skip the financing option.

snowman82 Thanks this.
  5. snowman82

snowman82 Bobtail Member

May 4, 2013
    Thanks for the auction info but have my eye on 86 pete 359 that has only 700's original miles on it and all of the maintenance recs to go with only second owner truck and has been only pulling landoll with paving machine and working class truck shows for the past ten years. Needs batts and good bath since sitting over winter. I just need some working capital for fuel and tie down equipment. And already have money saved for tag, ifta, and insurance. Also have some where around 10% down for loan.

6. snowman82

snowman82 Bobtail Member

May 4, 2013
    Thanks MNdriver for that info maybe i'll find something

MNdriver Thanks this.
  7. BoostedTeg

BoostedTeg Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Boise ID

8. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    most banks will NOT finance equipment that is older than 9 years old. Regardless of history / records.

9. MoGooder

MoGooder Light Load Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Kenosha, WI
    Maybe a personal line of credit on your house? You get the money to use as you wish and make payments like it was a mortgage. As long as you make the payments you keep the house, no matter what the business does.

10. Charli Girl

Charli Girl Road Train Member

Mar 23, 2013
    Houston,Tx
    Well,since you understand that it's "just the way your country self was raised",its not a personal thing,it's just how THIS country runs and hands out credit.

If you continue to purchase by cash,you will have to do just that....c o n t i n u e.
    If you wish for a bank or credit union to extend credit to you,you WIlL have to become creditworthy at some point. If you build your credit up,you won't have to put up a collateral.

All they want is a signature,bc they know by the way you pay all your bills on time that you take pride in paying your bills on time,and know that you won't break that chain by not paying for a truck.
    If you build a relationship with your bank and you have excellent credit,AND a house paid in full,and cars paid in full...(which actually somewhat hurts your credit,but get into that later )then they will finance anything you want.Even that old truck you have an eye on.

So ...really there is NO financing without good credit,UNLESS you go to places like Lone Mountain
    But if you don't have credit,that's not such a bad place to start.
    Otherwise,put up your collateral and pay it back on time,and WA-LA you've put your country self ahead
    of the game in the credit world.

11. flatbed22

flatbed22 Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2011
    Wesley Chapel, NC
    I lease purchased my equipment from lone mountain trucks.
    my score at that time was 529. They called me and did an interview. asked me things like how long I've been driving as an o/o also how would I to pay for repairs. I said I have an emergency fund of 5k. After that answer he said he would finance me . just needed to see 2 months bank statements was looking irresponsible behavior such as; over draft.

that's it. done. look for yourself at their site .low down.

no bull no hidden fees. even got a free warranty

snowman82 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.