Looking for Grain Haulers

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by CHSawyer, Feb 20, 2009.

1. CHSawyer

CHSawyer Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Creswell, NC
    Hi Truckers,
    I wonder if any of you could help me. I'm looking for a recommendation of some companies or individuals with hoppers or dumps who can haul grain (mostly corn) from the OH area into central NC. We're a grain elevator and our customers are the usual milling companies. Not all that familiar with the area and I'm afraid we're missing out on reaching that small or mid-sized business who could help us out, simply because they're not that well known yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Contact Moorman Farms in Utica , KY . They have about 25 hoppers and regularly run out of OH . They haul a lot of poultry meal into Doanes in Washington Courthouse . Moorman also brokers loads .

4. CHSawyer

CHSawyer Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Creswell, NC
    Hey Rick, Thanks for the quick reply. Called them and I think they can help us. They do not come to NC but do go to GA several times / wk. We have something there so that will work out.
    Appreciate it.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  5. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    I used to drive for them . They have well maintained equipment with tractors leased from Ryder . Drivers are home every weekend . A Ryder mechanic comes to the farm and Moorman mechanics service the trailers . The drivers will appreciate the corn loads . It's better than getting wheat mids out of Dayton or Logan . :yes2557:

6. CHSawyer

CHSawyer Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Creswell, NC
    Sounds good. I can't believe my luck with that, the first one out of the gate. I should have posted on here a week ago. If you think of any more, let me know.

7. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Try Michael Market in Evansville , IN and Garber Farms in Mt. Joy , PA

8. CHSawyer

CHSawyer Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Creswell, NC
    We've spoken with a Garber Ag Freight in Greenville, OH. Think they're associated? I'll check out Michael Market. Might be too far west for us, but I'll look into it. Thanks again. You're a wealth of knowledge for me today.

9. CHSawyer

CHSawyer Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Creswell, NC
    Rick, I don't know ya, but I've got nothin' but mad love for you dawg! LOL All of these leads have checked out and are going to be helpful to us. Thank you so much.

10. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Glad to be of help . I'm glad somebody benefited from my hopper bottom experience . :yes2557: There's another good one but I can't remember how to spell it . Schroerer or something close to it . Maybe another member knows who I'm thinking of and where they are out of .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.