Looking for help - new guy to the loadboard scene

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by EvoTransport, Feb 7, 2019.

1. EvoTransport

EvoTransport Bobtail Member

Feb 7, 2019
    dunno why after 39 years on this earth and years of dispatch experience would i EVER get into trucking but here i am teaching my son lol. We are looking for a place to get loads from PA to take all over, uship is horrible is there any other websites where we can bid on jobs or contact shippers?

all help is appreciated

new old man
    R

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AaronP

AaronP Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2019
    DAT, Truckstop.com are first options that come to mind.

Thouren Thanks this.
  4. Midnight_tim

Midnight_tim Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2018
    Strange that after 39 years you wouldn't automatically know about DAT and 123loadboard. :)

Thouren Thanks this.
  5. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    DAT and/or Internet Truckstop. Spring for the $100+/mo account. It's worth it. Their basic subscriptions will leave you calling on loads that have already booked.

Thouren and AaronP Thank this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    After 39 years and you don't know the sources of the freight through the in house sales people who report the loads origins to you to assign to drivers?

Some companies issue a bible of all shippers and receivers nation wide. Its no problem to get in touch with them for loads.

The rest of dispatching is knowing who the few who will run into hell for you and knowing the percentage of those who have special need of handholding and micromanagement. The rest of your driver stable you can point and be reasonably assured they will get it there without too much drama.

Im sorry I had to ask.

7. Midnight_tim

Dec 19, 2018
    After reading his post again he actually just said he was 39 years old and had "YEARS" of dispatching and didn't really specify if his dispatching was related to trucking. For all we know he could have just been dispatching pizza deliver guys. :(

blade, x1Heavy and AaronP Thank this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    HA.

Ok so I missed the details. Story of my life eh what?

I can only laugh. I usually am the one asleep at the railroad switch as it were, I was adding 39 years to 20 and wondering how old do you have to be in order to teach a son something he does not already know in the workforce.

I interviewed for dispatching once not too long ago and was told essentially I was just too much of a dinosaur and scary to the young millennial office staff with my use of words that lean towards the strong side.

blade and Dino soar Thank this.
  9. Midnight_tim

Dec 19, 2018
    I missed it the first time as well, I just read it as 39yrs experience but either way if you've been in trucking for more than a hot second you're bound to know how to source some kind of freight. Uship is ok if you don't like calling 20 different brokers but you can't really depend on it especially when some people are SOMEHOW taking full TL's for like $1 a mile on there You're better off with DAT and then just use the other ones as a filler.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  10. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    DAT is pretty good about taking down booked loads immediately if the broker is on top of things. You can also see the days to pay and credit score of brokers which is a big help. Convoy app is great if they have loads in your area. They pay directly to your account within 48 hours with no factoring fees.

11. Miroh

Miroh Light Load Member

Oct 3, 2018
    I signed up to 123loadboard.com but I am also searching for a dispatch service.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.