Looking for info on Hansen & Adkins.... are they a good company to work for?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Walker79, Nov 27, 2017.

1. djbattle

djbattle Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2014
    So many companies that payed better are long gone,Cutting throat,the truth of the matter is carsales are down,so is pay.E logs will help ,but it takes time

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 59EX

59EX Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2015

What are you taking about? Car sales have been going up steadily for years. We're right at the pre-2008 bubble bust level right now.

Attached Files:

BigBob410 and Banker Thank this.
  4. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    You are on the right track by looking at trends and statistics. I think you probably will be successful if you go in to carhauling.
    We never know when the market is going to dive, but the carhaul biz is great right now.
    After 30 years of trucking I have heard plenty of drivers who always have something negative to say. 30 years ago I listened to them, today not so much. With the advent of the ignore button, there is really no need to listen to compulsive complainers. Why would successful people want to hear from those who cant see the positive in the world. They always have someone to blame for their lack of success besides their selves.
    I listen to successful people when I am looking for information. I study Warren Buffet and others like him for some of my investment strategy. Warren feels good about trucking as he spent a large amount of money to buy a percentage of Pilot Flying J. He plans to own a controlling interest eventually.
    Other successful people are some right here on this forum. Kansas Transit has a long track record of success and isn't afraid to try new things. Ziggy just added a new rig to his successful fleet. NuCar Carrier has been in this industry for many years as an owner op and company driver and he has a wealth of knowledge. Hammer knows more about loading a highrail than many and helped me learn my rig when I first got it. There are too many others to mention them all and they are positive drivers who contribute in a positive manner regularly on this forum and they will always come to your aid when you have a question.

It is people like these above and the many others who I listen to. The others who constantly are negative, I have no time for their negativity because I don't believe the sky is falling. If it does fall I have a rainy day fund and I will wait it out.

5. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    As I ALWAYS say you can give some folks 10k a day to sit at home and they would complain their butt hurts!! Banker gets it!! Listen to this guy!!!

Unk, 59EX and Banker Thank this.
  6. Quin101

Quin101 Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I also work for Hansen and adkins, I'm looking into purchasing my own truck any advice would help? Like how much are you taking home after expenses? Thanks

7. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Send me a pm and I will try to help. Rough figure will be income is 4 times what you gross now. Brand new rig insurance is roughly $350 a week. Fuel is discounted 40 cents off pump price. Truck is what you spend on it. Maintenance is all over the board. New truck that you do the routine maintenance on is low. Older rig that you hire everything done will cost you. Our company shops are a very cost effective place to have work done. Tires are close to 50-60 percent with our company discount at a tire shop.

Someone who knows how to mange money and haul cars with minimal damages should succeed here. Someone who can't do either may not do as well.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    Unk and BigBob410 Thank this.
  8. Quin101

Quin101 Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Thank you I appreciate the info. My plan is to buy a rig run for Hansen I have 50,000 dollars saved as of now. do you think that is enough to get started? also what insurance companies should i look for? I'm in C.A do you know any good dealers? Thanks again for letting me pick your brain. I'm just trying to create a plan to get this started. Anything helps.

Just joined so i couldn't PM you.

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  9. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    $50,000 is a very good start. You should ask some of the owner ops you load around more specific questions. Also match the truck with the freight you are planning to haul. If the company wouldn't spec a certain style rig for that terminal, you probably shouldn't either.

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  10. Quin101

Quin101 Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2017
    cool thanks for the info

Banker Thanks this.
  11. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    H&A really is a good company to be an owner op. They make it so that it is very easy to prosper here.

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.