Looking for info on RR Plett trucking.

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by mrw896, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Zeviander

Zeviander Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    They've got some real winners at that company.

AModelCat, magoo68 and Jazz1 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Canucklehead

Canucklehead Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Vancouver BC
    Plett used to be a good company while the father was still running the company. When the kids took over, they kept the rate for company drivers at 38 cents/mile for ages. Now you'll see ads running that state $1.90/mile for owner/ops. Don't buy that. If you go talk to them, and ask about the rate structure, they'll hand you a sheet with all sorts of numbers and rates on it. None add up to $1.90/mile no matter how you calculate everything. I give them credit though, they willing give out that lie sheet.

4. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    That almost looks like hwy16 in mb .. that plett is out of landmark mb .. I believe they are different from rr plett .. either way only 1 province in Canada allows passing on solid or double solids unfortunately they licensed half o Canada I think

Zeviander Thanks this.
  5. REALITY098765

REALITY098765 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2017
    I believe the colour of the lines make a difference and the lines in the video appear to be yellow not white. If i'm wrong please post a link I am interested.

6. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    Colour of lines makes no difference You can pass on double solids in Ontario but I have phoned police to report drivers passing on double solid when it is a blind curve and police have responded. They will lay a charge since the drivers doing this in my area are all from far away and too costly to go to court. Those drivers just suck it up:D
    My area "profiling" is common, you get a complaint and you wearing a diaper on your head you will be operating in the red for a day or 3

Phantom Trucker and magoo68 Thank this.
  7. REALITY098765

REALITY098765 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Sorry I don't believe this is correct. I think yellow is cautionary and white is regulatory

8. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    You “think”. :rolleyes:
    Yellow centre lines are used on two lane highways which is all we have in my area although our fog line is white
    White lines are used on divided highways

Canucklehead and magoo68 Thank this.
  9. Canucklehead

Canucklehead Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Vancouver BC
    Hey Jazz, in the winters here, you never see a fog line, and the only way you know there's a center line is by guesswork. Although on some rare stretches they put the bumps to signify you're crossing the line.

But I truly hate the drooling morons coming around a blind corner. You can't see if their bogies are on there side until you go past their headlights. Then you have 2 seconds to try and not drive off the cliff or scrape the rock wall because the shoulders are mostly just a suggestion.

10. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    I have used snowbanks for a guide forever. Snowbanks are always X feet from paved shoulder. That's how I guide myself through blizzard conditions. I haul time sensitive freight so I never stop for poor weather, just ease off the pedal a tad.

Canucklehead and Phantom Trucker Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.