Looking for new company in Sask or Alberta.

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by rustie40, Mar 17, 2019.

1. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    You will come across his anti-bison manefesto soon. Lmfao!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Oh they have it out for me IRL and Online, all because I refused to take their abuse, and started making noise with the CVSE, RCMP, OHS, MPI etc etc. So I've been writing what I call "The Truth About Bison" posts on here and other places for over a year now, some people get pretty upset over it. I'm actually banned on Indeed and Glassdoor for writing Bison reviews lol.

4. BigHossVolvo

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    I would say, its more of an auto-biography lol.

HighwaySuperTramp Thanks this.
  5. HighwaySuperTramp

HighwaySuperTramp Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2015
    I know every now and again I call some scales and tell them to inspect all the unsecured TransX loads coming out if McCain's. They tried to fire me over an issue involving one. After I threatened them with the law they told me to never do it again.

My career didn't last much longer after that. So now I call certain scales they cross every day on those runs and tell then to inspect securement, and that a TransX driver shunts all trailers from doors so there is no reason for an unsecured load.

BigHossVolvo Thanks this.
  6. HighwaySuperTramp

HighwaySuperTramp Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2015
    That also doesn't include the times they made me break state laws and all that jazz for loads too.

I started recording my calls with them cause all operations ever did was lie through their teeth, and the guys mumbled their names or barely spoke english so they could get off the phone with you faster. Ie. Hang up on you.

7. BigHossVolvo

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Yea....sounds similar.....my famous line was "send it on the qualcomm, if that's what you really want" they never did it once....

One day i'm gonna have to write a 30+ page paper on that place, and I wouldn't have to makeup or stretch a single detail; truth is stranger than fiction.

Like people getting infections, sickness and disease from the FILTHY slip seated NEVER CLEANED/NEVER SANITIZED trucks; ending up either on the short/long term disability, or getting run out of the company for "safety violations" once they're sick and can't work.

Or the constant HOS violations, delivering/picking up off duty after driving full shifts, and then being expected to get up whenever the customer comes and bangs on the door. Or arriving, waiting 10 hours in the door, then being expected to drive a full shift since the logs were reset. The turnpike fleet, building and breaking down sets on public streets, off duty, cause the planning is so tight, and they can't get City to stage the trailers in the LCV yards reliably; lots of LCV off route moves and pickups/deliveries and routing. They also encourage the O/O LCV drivers to do 105km/hr, then take away their safety bonus if they get caught, either by CVSE/Law Enforcement or Bison Safety. Constantly being pushed to break the rules, only to be punished by safety.

All for next to no money, any reason not to pay, free is their favorite word.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  8. Canucklehead

Canucklehead Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Vancouver BC
    I can't stand the poor quality of calls when either person is using a cell phone, much less when both are using one. And that's with calls that both ends speak good English with no accent. But nowadays, almost all dispatchers (even most safety departments) think they speak English, but it's more pigeon English with further mutilations caused by the Punjabi accent. I came across a couple of good videos on Youtube that are very illuminating on that topic.

Anyhow, I specifically tell companies to text me instead of calling. At least this way I can get all the load numbers, addresses and times correctly. But does that stop them from calling? NO!!! I've had some that call 8 times per day, or more. I get that for whatever reason, that immigrant group just has to be talking on the phone at all times. Yeah they'll even jabber away while filling their tanks. Try talking to the boss in person, as sure as ####, they'll interrupt to answer multiple phone calls. But they should learn that other people don't need to be in constant contact, especially with moron dispatchers.

9. BigHossVolvo

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    I don't miss that #### one bit! Man i'm gonna retire with my current company, I can't just see it lol.

Canucklehead Thanks this.
  10. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
  11. Canucklehead

Canucklehead Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Vancouver BC
    TIHS if read backwards lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.