Looking For Other Fired SRT Drivers

Discussion in 'SRT' started by TRUCKNMOM, Apr 11, 2009.

1. TRUCKNMOM

TRUCKNMOM Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2008
    jennings,la
    Im looking for other former SRT drivers that may have been terminated.I was recently fired myself i was over 2000 miles from home tossed out in a parking lot in Richmond,CA.I still have not received my final paycheck i called the labor dept. but because i wasnt paid hourly i was told the best thing for me to do is get a lawyer.I dont get companies like SRT they like others claim the driver is the heart of their companies but still we are treated however they see fit.I was a good driver never was late, refused a load or was any kind of trouble they use u up and toss u out.After viewing another website and seeing the number of complaints against them seems there is a real problem at SRT.Drivers are fired then charged with the recovery of their truck and abandonment put on there DAC.I am schduled to meet with an attorney on Thursday regarding my situation and looking for any other drivers that ar going thru similar.Drivers i know so many of get on these sites to vent and complain cause its obvious there isnt any1 looking out for us ,but it still doesnt make it right the way we are treated.I lost money and belongings and like every1 else i work hard and im only seeking whats mine and to ensure my driving career isnt ruined because some1 feels like it.Had i not done my job i could understand.

celticsong Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

You were never late, never got into any trouble, never refused a load, yet you were fired on the spot 2000 miles from home? I think you left something out of your story.

4. Pur48Ted

Pur48Ted Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I see you are from Louisiana.
    If so, I can see your problem with the Labor Dept.
    Louisiana has STRONG Labor Laws, but their enforcement laws are non-existent. I (finally) go to trial in June against a former employer I had while working on the Gulf Coast after Katrina/Rita in 05 and 06.

5. TRUCKNMOM

TRUCKNMOM Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2008
    jennings,la
    No driver there isnt anything and my lawyer got my service record to prove it.

6. TRUCKNMOM

TRUCKNMOM Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2008
    jennings,la
    Well because their based out of AR i had to go thru that state and was told because i wasnt paid hourly the best thing for me to do is get a lawyer for whats owed..

7. Bullldawg

Bullldawg Light Load Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Athens, GA
    Hey bro just curious - you said you were never late, etc., so why did they fire you?

Toss you out in a parking lot? They had to give you a reason. Nobody is gonna believe they just randomly stranded you at a truckstop.

8. luckytxn

luckytxn Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2009
    League city, tx
    This is pretty bizarre indeed. You were a good driver and no anything to get in trouble for and they came out and threw you out of your truck in the lot 2000 miles from home? What was the reason they did so? Did they say why? Did they just come to you and toss you out and said nothing?

9. elpuft

elpuft Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Buckeye, AZ
    I Used To Work For SRT Also . i Was Fired While On Home Time Because The reefer I Swap Out To Get Home Was Broken . I Qualcomm Them Of The Issue . When It Was Time For Me To Come Back To Drive I Told Them Of The Message. They Said They Never Recieved It. Roger Buckly Was Told Of The Issue ANd Also Told Me I Had To Be At The Truck . i SAid Ok , But When I Got There The Truck WAs Gone. They HAd Already Called The Tow Company And HAd It Towed. To MAke A LOng Story Short I went To texarkana Like A Man A Gave Them The Blues. I was Never LATE AND IF I WAS IT WAS BEYOND MY CONTROL. WEATHER ,TRAFFIC. So Yes Driver They Do That To Drivers At SRT.I Know over 30 People WHo Get Fired For Reason They Never Explained. More Like A Fire At Will Company

10. LavenderTrucker

LavenderTrucker Medium Load Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Omaha,NE
    There can be, and probably often is, reasons other than ones driving record and deliveries, that can cause a company to terminate a driver.
    I know my company terminated a driver bcause he was hard to work with. Dispatch had problems with him, shippers complained, and other drivers.
    I remember having to swap trailers with him a few times, and having to convoy a couple runs with him and I didn't like it. He was annoying, and difficult. That is why he got terminated. The company didn't want to or have to deal with it.
    To be honest, I am glad I don't have to work with him anymore, the guy who replaced him is much easier to work with and enjoyable when we convoy, I enjoy eating meals with him or taking a coffee break. We get more done because we work together, and we both know how to work with dispatch and shippers.
    I hear he has gone to the labor board, but he doesn't have a case. I hope he can learn from this and be a little bit easier to work with at his next job.

hunted Thanks this.
  11. tellnol437

tellnol437 Bobtail Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Florida
    I read some of your other posts and one on anothe forum using the same name with the same picture avatar. You said you refused 3 loads at SRT. That is why you were fired. Why say one thing here, then another in a different thread in this forum, then a similar, but more truthful in a different forum? Is it to trash the company for your own mistkes and getting fired and being upset that they actually did? Or just because you complain about every company you ever worked for like JB Hunt and their Lease Program, Arnold Transportation, Tango Transport just to name a few... These are based on your complaints here and at other forum. I find it funny on how at each one you only worked for a few weeks, per your posts. Sounds like in this situation, the problem is you and not the companies...

Just my observations...

jeff18 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.