Looking For Other Fired SRT Drivers

Discussion in 'SRT' started by TRUCKNMOM, Apr 11, 2009.

1. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Apologizing should be one of the first things we teach our kids.

But it does take a real man to admit he was wrong. Especially with your circumstances. So kudos to you, and thanks for manning up.

I missed this thread from jump street. But could have added much to the original posters comments. I've worked for the sorry SOB's twice. :biggrin_25526:

mtnMoma Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GRUMPY5

GRUMPY5 Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2010
    Rio Rancho N.M.
    Hello all,
    I have been shopping around as it looks like I will have to return to the big road after being off for over 4yrs. I've still been driving just local. Prior to that I've driven going on 22yrs. I would like some updated info on Martin. So far what I've read I like. No company is perfect and I would like info from drivers currently driving w/ them and please "NO DISGRUNTLED PEOPLE". I'm not stupid and don't need my time wasted with cry babies.
    My questions are:
    Do they hire out of Albuquerque NM, pay, miles, time out, riders, run New England state, forced NY.
    On the logs, I understand that the do those E-Logs. Since they are so "strict" lets say I am 20 miles from home and I'm out of hrs will the ding me for driving home as a violation? I really like paper logs but I know eventually all will be forced to E-Logs.
    Do they also force chaining to move frt or is that only as a safety option as it should be?
    Thanks for your time and hard work out there. " If trucking stops AMERICA will stop".
    Please be safe and may GOD bless all of you.

4. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    I don't know now. I talked with one of their recruiters and I wasn't pleased with the information I was given. Lady was real smug as well but pushed and kept calling, leaving e-mails and post cards trying to hire me on. I've heard a lot of bad #### about this company from many here and on the road. I've only heard one positive but that was from a guy who's wife was there. I asked him why he didn't get on there and he said he just didn't want to work there. If you can make money and thign's are so great for her, are you to good to team with her or solo there as well? I smell something fishy and it's not the line of yo yo's I just pulled out of the water with mud cat's on them either.

5. fallinangel

fallinangel Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Branford Florida
    I went to srt orientation back in 2004 0r 5 and was there 1 day I had asked their safety director a question that I guess he dident like and he cussed me and got punched in the nose for it now its on my dac so I would advise anyone thinking of srt to rethink one day orientation should not have been on dac considering I wasent an employee as of yet

6. Psywarrior

Psywarrior Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    The quote your little scanner code links to is incomplete

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots AND TYRANTS"

You should really get it right. Now, we just need to get the marxist tyrant out of the white house!!!

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  7. viperexpress996

viperexpress996 Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Dalton, GA
    i am a current SRT driver. I started as a company driver and am in the owner op side now. I have hell raised and shown my butt several times. They don't fire me because I run good. If you get fired from SRT, you are not a good driver. Period. It is forced dispatch on the comany driver side. They also hold you to low idle time requirements. If you follow the rules, you will be fine there.

8. bigdad7

bigdad7 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    there were some plusses and minuses on the driver side from what i saw .....but i have been on the owner side and know nothing of the big money you company drivers make my wife has me on slave wages i get my 150 a week and everything else is her;s (said maybe if i run hard i can get a raise to 200 a week ) no labor laws to protect you from your wife who knew

9. psychocreep

psychocreep Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2007
    Flagstaff, Az
    Like what Bigdad said, There are positives and negatives to being a company driver. Also Like Bigdad, I'm an O/O so I for one didn't pay that much attention to the what company drivers have to go through. lol. To be completely honest. Us O/O's were excused from a good portion of orientation cause some of it just didn't pertain to us. We were allowed to handle our business in peace which was a great plus.

As far as wages go, once again I'm in Bigdad's shoes. My boss gives me a certain amount each week and the rest she keeps. It's the price I pay for sleeping with the boss I guess. lol.

10. Black Knight

Black Knight Bobtail Member

May 25, 2012
    Gee Folks,
    It appears we all have boss's of simular temperment. Like they say, you cant live with them and you cant live without them. At times that is ok, other times it is costly. Anyway, nice to know that I am not the only one with a bossy boss. My boss regulates all the finances, quite well I must admit. Although, all I get is my allowance (like all of you). But the frenge benefits are great, at times.

Lab work Thanks this.
  11. Wolfen666

Wolfen666 Bobtail Member

Nov 4, 2012
    First of all, you never being late, refusing a load or causing problems should be expected. That does not make you a good driver, it makes you a NORMAL driver. These things are expected, they do not make you "special".

Second of all, a trucking company is not going to abandon you and leave you in a parking lot, unless you failed to call for a bus trip or you did something wrong. Somewhere along the line you screwed up. Sorry to say and you cannot take peoples claims on the internet as SRT being a bad company because everyone tells their own tales and they are rarely anywhere close to the truth.

A company is not going to fire a driver who works as they are expected for no reason when they can keep them rolling and make money off them. End of story.

As your employer is out of Arkansas you much file claims through that state, and your record of service is not proof you were a good employee. Employers can terminate you for any reason. As a trucker you should always, always keep money aside in case you need to transport yourself home.

I do not like that you are on here lying about being a good driver, then as another member pointed out saying you refused loads for them. This type of thread discourages people from working for SRT when you are outright lying and making stuff up. Do not slander a company.

In fact, you DO need a lawyer, but not as a plaintiff, but rather a defendant as post threads like this over the internet making claims they can disprove is against the law and punishable. In all honesty you should just move on, and learn to be a good driver or you will never get anywhere in the trucking industry.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.