Looking for otr company

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Davebox, Apr 10, 2024.

1. Davebox

Davebox Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2016
    So I've been driving otr for 8 years, however the last 7 months I've been on a local route in Ohio and it's just not working out how I had hoped and I'm not making enough money, so I'm looking to go back OTR. I'm looking for a true coast-to-coast OTR company that will keep me running and pay decently (1500 + a week.) Would prefer no driver facing camera or Collison avoidance crap, but I get sometimes that's not avoidable. APU/INVERTER IS A MUST! I don't really have a "home base" as I'm currently living in an extended stay hotel in Ohio, although I do have family that I occasionally visit in Kansas. Any leads or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have a clean record with tanker and doubles/triples endorsements. Thanks!

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The one california kid

The one california kid Medium Load Member

Oct 31, 2023
    Well, in Wichita KS - Metro Express on Ohio Street does run otr West and East Coast. Nice equipment, but if John still works there, he's an A#1 P.I.T.A. They are allegedly a Christian company, so they won't haul any beer, liquor or cigarettes. But good loads of newspaper flyers going out west to CA, OR & WA. they had portable generators, but left in 2010 so don't know about cameras.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  4. REO6205

REO6205 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Edited to remove personal names and numbers. Please don't solicit referral fees or engage in third party recruiting. Thanks.

88 Alpha and cuzzin it Thank this.
  5. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    If you got tanker check Indian River, they do coast to coast tanker. Holland Ent is reefer with long coast to coast with outward cams only

asphaltreptile311 and Chinatown Thank this.
  6. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    Several carriers have current, active, long-running threads here on this Forum.

Because of this -- they are very likely good carriers (at least, for the most part) to their drivers.

Since these threads are active -- they are also an info gold mine for you -- on these carriers:
    • Climate Express
    • Fremont Contact Carriers
    • Indian River Transport

There are others....but these come to mind, first.

The first 2 above are reefer &/or dry van; as mentioned above -- the last one listed is food-grade tanker.

With your experience -- it's likely that any/all of them would welcome an opportunity to talk with you.

-- L

Blagoje Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Marten Transport - Expect the Best
    No Camera
    • $70,000/yr Minimum Pay Guaranteed
    • Top drivers earn over $90,000/yr
    • Guaranteed Minimum Weekly Paycheck
    Advantages and earnings include:
    • $1,300 - $1,400 Guaranteed weekly min. pay range
    • Top 25% earn $83,252 - $87,256+ year
    • Late-model equipment (average 2 years or newer) with APUs, automatic transmissions, grille guards & more
    • Detention pay = up to $160 per day
    • Inclement weather pay = up to $250 per day
    • Weekday layover pay = up to $250 per day
    • Weekend layover pay = up to $300 per day

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @smokey12 mentioned this one.
    Indian River Transport Company

Indian River Transport Co. is a company that provides transportation services of bulk food-grade commodities in the US, Canada.
    Trucks:
    • Indian River Transport runs a late model tractor fleet consisting of 600 Peterbilt tractors.
    • All trucks are furnished with refrigerators and premier interior packages, over 70-inch sleepers.
    • All tractors are assigned and are less than 36 months old.

smokey12 and Flat Earth Trucker Thank this.
  10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Metro Xpress
    First I've heard of this one and going to add it to my notes.
    Metro Xpress has grown into the largest general commodities truck load carrier in Wichita, Kansas and is one of the premier carriers in the entire Midwest, serving all forty-eight states.
    [​IMG]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.