Looking for Paid Training

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by LaFlair, Aug 19, 2019.

1. LaFlair

LaFlair Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2019
    Hey All, Long time reader, 1st time poster.

I am looking for for a decent company that provides paid training (even if you have to work for them after). If I can get home once a month that would be great too. My only concern is, I would like to make at least 2k a month while in training.

As of now I work from home as a digital marketer (I do web design and get business sites on search engines), so this will seem like going in a whole other direction. I will say that I did drive a class B straight truck when I got out of the service some 20yrs ago and I enjoyed it and I was home on weekends.

Any recommendations for someone who is taking on a new venture far from what they have been doing the past 10 yrs? I live 20 mins north of Huntsville, AL right across the TN line.

Appreciate all the advice I can get.

OldeSkool Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    R. E. West pays their students a salary while in their in-house cdl school.
    The school is in Ashland City, TN
    This company has free cdl school and no contract to sign.
    Once you gain a few months or a year experience, then switch to tankers. Lots of tanker companies have a terminal in Decatur, AL and will hire you.

Bluedew and slim shady Thank this.
  4. LaFlair

LaFlair Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2019
    Had a feeling I would see a reply from you! Have ready quite a few of your posts to others so I appreciate your reply.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Once you're a tanker driver it's easy to "take home" a thousand + a week.

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Only other company I'm aware of that has paid training in cdl school is Roehl Transport, but they hold back 3 weeks pay.
    Roehl has a long contract also; I'd use that company 2nd to RE West.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  7. LaFlair

LaFlair Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2019
    I appreciate it, I just got off the phone with RE West, Quite a few good reviews on them. They seem like a good fit.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    I just received a preliminary offer from Kemira for 28.00 to start going to 29.00 after 90 days probation. Definitely going to hopp on it. You have to have experience to start with, Get a year or two and there is good money to be made. China has the only suggestions I know of either, SO good luck, keep the driving record clean, take the time to avoid accidents. Pays off in the long run. This is Hazmat Liquid Loads.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.