LOOKING FOR SOME HELP WITH A FEW LEGAL QUESTIONS.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by JUSTME57, May 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JUSTME57

JUSTME57 Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes. Zero tickets, zero dot violations, never a chargeable accident in 6+ years of driving truck and never in my personal vehicle. I'm looking for some legal assistance info on intentionally incorrect employment info on my Dac report and how to either correct it and/or punish the company for doing it.

Length of employment, stating that I quit but he demanded that I not return to work after a slight injury etc. So to keep the peace, I left. These issues are keeping companies from even accepting my application. any free legal advice sites for drivers out there? This has been festering for a while now and I need answers for my own peace of mind. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And thanks in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Studebaker Hawk Thanks this.
  4. JUSTME57

JUSTME57 Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2013
    That's where I found the info. Unfortunately, I lost all my dates and other info when my computer crashed and erased all my employment info. Thankfully, I found one w-2 and a copy of another stating the years I worked for the guy. He stated that I only worked for him from 9-20-2016 to 12-20-16. Meanwhile, I have the two w-2's that are a partial 2016 and a partial 2017 totaling just under 49,000 dollars. I'm pretty sure i didn't make 16,000+ a month for the three months that he has listed. And he knowingly falsified this. How can he not know the dates that I worked for him? And how can he get away with this? I believe he intentionally did this to knowingly hinder my chances of finding another job.

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  6. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    You need to get with Hireright (Dac) and find out how to challenge this. Then get all of the documentation you can together and make a clear, concise protest. They are required to do an investigation and make a decision based on both your and the companies responses.

Ky Flash and Studebaker Hawk Thank this.
  7. JUSTME57

JUSTME57 Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2013
    I appreciate that. But I'm looking for LEGAL answers right now because this guy has me P*ISSED. Hes the reason I sent for the Hireright info because companies were giving me weird reasons why they wouldn't accept my application. And not because of the virus. So I decided to check on it and received the Hireright info yesterday. Also I would suggest every driver get a copy of their DAC every year for free.

8. JUSTME57

JUSTME57 Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Yeah, that's my problem. I've lost access to 99 % of my documentation with the actual dates that I worked there. Along with lots of other job and tax related and personal info. I'm looking for some kind of drivers legal advocate to lead me in the right way so I don't waste my time or anyone else's.

9. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    You could try the lawyer OOIDA suggest. I think it was RoadLaw or something like that. I think they free to call for to see what they say.

10. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Problem is, what can a lawsuit do? You have no documents to prove your side. Disputing via Fair Credit Reporting Act. I.E. filing a dispute with hirerite is the easy way. With a court case and no proof it will likely get tossed in the first hearing.

11. JUSTME57

JUSTME57 Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Well, I do have two w-2's that show that I worked for him for longer than three months and that I grossed nearly 49,000 dollars while working for him. The w-2's don't have the actual employment dates, but they do have the years and how many companies do you know that pay 16,000+ a month for a company driver?

I will talk to Hireright, but I just want to try and get some free legal advice before I do so I don't screw up the process. I wouldn't even bother with it except I know this goat has done this intentionally to keep me from getting another job. Because he knows my driving record wouldn't hold me back. He even gave me a satisfactory rating on my DAC. And I don't think he thought I would check into things. I'm a driver. And like most drivers, I'm skeptical and a little conspiratorial because I've seen these things happen before to other people. And i believe that guys like this have been getting away with it for far too long and they need to be stopped.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.