LOOKING FOR SOME HELP WITH A FEW LEGAL QUESTIONS.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by JUSTME57, May 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    If you were W2 then there is a record. Ask a attorney if you can sue for him lying in order to intentionally cost you work opportunities.
    Also post this in bad trucking companies. If he did it to you than he already has done it to others.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Thing is, a civil court case is all about paperwork. Right or wrong or logical or illogical doesn't matter. All that matters is proof via the written documents.
    He has the documents, you don't. It's really that straight forward.

That is, of course, if it's not a simple mistake.

Now, to get some documentation. Call your bank and see if they have records of deposits. They might even have the cancelled check saved, or records of direct deposit. Also if they used a service like Paychex or ADP you might be able to get pay records from them.

4. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Hire a labor attorney, pronto.....

5. JUSTME57

JUSTME57 Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2013

6. JUSTME57

JUSTME57 Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Did you even read my post? Or my response to you? i KNOW HOW TO FIND THE PAPERWORK. I'm just looking for a lawyer at this point. If W-2's from two different years with two different dates isn't enough paperwork, what is? One W-2 is a completely different year than what he has me working for him. He said I worked for him from 9-20-2016 to 12-20-2016. And one W-2 is for 2016 and one is for 2017. And both w-2's add up to nearly 49,000 dollars. So do you really believe that I made nearly 49,000 dollars from 9-20-2016 to 12-20-2016? Three months? ALL I'M LOOKING FOR IS A POTENTIAL LAWYER TO DISCUSS IT WITH. AND IF ANYONE HAS A SUGGESTION REGARDING A LAWYER. Sorry about the caps. This keyboard will put them on and I just don't feel like correcting them right now.

7. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
  8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Starting to see why he fired you....

wichris and scott180 Thank this.
  9. JUSTME57

JUSTME57 Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2013
    And why is that?
    Man, I am just looking for a lawyer to discuss the issue. I understand that you're trying to help. But I already know and understand what you're posting. I know I need documentation. IO have some documentation. That's why I asked if you read the post where it already stated that. I know these things. But silly me for wanting to find a lawyer to discuss it with. I thought I would ask here on the chance that someone here may have a connection to a lawyer or someone that could lead me that way. Not trying to cause any grief. Just looking for solutions for what I don't know, not what I do know. I thought this was a site to reach out for help. If I hurt your feelings, I'm sorry. I really didn't think it was that bad that you had to cry over it.

10. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    You want revenge or you want to work? Hireright will do this for free. But you really need documentation. Like tax returns for both years, and as the other guy suggested, deposit records. An attorney will listen to your problem, but before he lifts a finger to help, he will charge you and then tell you exactly what we have told you - DOCUMENTATION has to be found and used. Hearsay is worthless. You need as much evidence as you can get your hands on. You are just wasting your time and money without it.

TB John Thanks this.
  11. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    If your DAC is clean, then why are companies rejecting your applications?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.