Looking for stories and info

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Fast Eddie Legend, Dec 27, 2023.

1. Fast Eddie Legend

Fast Eddie Legend Bobtail Member

Dec 27, 2023
    1. Hello to all reading this post. I am in the process of finishing up a book that I have been working on for the past 3 years. It's an action adventure novel about a trucker and his life along with some crazy circumstances he finds himself in. (Big stretch I know) Additionally, we are creating a streaming weekly podcast that will be available to the trucking community in the coming months. What I am looking for here is anyone who may have had connections to or interactions with Eddie Gantt i.e. "The Southern Shaker". Reason being is that he was partly the inspiration for my book and I would like to pay tribute to him appropriately. Any references or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, H.L.Griffen. you can shoot me an email @ hlgriffen@yahoo.com

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    A book,,of course, why didn't I think of that, chapter 1 page 1,,,um,,,let's see, what would interest the world about trucking,,3 hours later, nothing yet,,let me just say, Hollywood made a fortune depicting what exciting lives truckers lead, when in fact, it's an incredibly boring job where 97% of the time, nothing happens. "Next sign, 50 miles". I never thought of my job as book worthy, it was just a job.

4. Fast Eddie Legend

Dec 27, 2023
    Lol! I hear ya, driver. Growing up around the trucking business myself, I never thought Hollywood's depiction of a trucker was very good to begin with. With the exception of everyone thought that being the "Snowman" would be pretty cool. That being said, what I have put together is based on a somewhat more realistic premise with some other fun stuff thrown in to make it interesting. I can't give away all the details just yet, but, trust me, you won't be bored. Stay tuned.

NightWind, 201 and Oxbow Thank this.
  5. Crude Truckin'

Crude Truckin' Alien Spacecraft

Oct 22, 2016
    North Dakota, Eh?
  6. Fast Eddie Legend

Dec 27, 2023
  7. Fast Eddie Legend

Dec 27, 2023
    Thanks. Appreciate any help.

Crude Truckin' Thanks this.
  8. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    80% of my time is boredom. 10% is spent laughing at some crazy stuff I've seen on the road, and 10% taking care of the high stress, fast paced life of a business owner.

9. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Got a movie planned?. I don't mean to be rude, I can all but guarantee I wouldn't be interested, like Pee-Wee Herman said, "I lived it". Not to say there weren't some exciting moments, it was a job where the last minutes wouldn't give any insight as to what might happen next, but generally, exciting moments were followed by long periods where nothing happened. Good luck, so what exactly do you need from us old farts? You want stories, we'll have you writing volume 2 in no time.
    Snowman, you know, I started trucking when that movie came out( 1977) and a good friend, who I trucked with most of my life, thought he was Snowman, right down to the W900 KW and the cowboy hat.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2023
  10. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    I started in 1980 I remember Souther Shaker but don't know him. Silver Wings was my hero back then.

Sons Hero and Oxbow Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.