Looking for suggestions Volvo 670

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Aradrox, Sep 14, 2017.

1. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Thats the mount i was looking for a few weeks ago..Been one or two at dysarts for ages and the 1 time i wanted it,none to be had..

Rabbi....Remember when we met up and tinkered on my freightliner set up....Thats basically same thing..15 mi with marks tune was really pushin it to..
    That mirror arm and beefy bracket helps with counterpoise but i dont see it maken much of a diff..

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mike5511

mike5511 Road Train Member

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    I'll bet ya if the stock CB antenna is on the same side of the truck as the antenna you are using, it will make a difference in your SWR if you remove it. Test it and see. I have. On a Cascadia, it will drop from about 1.9:1 to below 1.5:1. I always remove the stock antenna when I mount my mirror mount and 7ft SkipShooter. (that would be the antenna on the sleeper on a Cascadia) Oh by the way, two more weeks and I'll have a good quality stainless steel mirror mount complete with 9ft coax I won't need anymore......... hanging it up finally!

Attached Files:

4. Meteorgray

Meteorgray Heavy Load Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Mike, so two more weeks and that's it, for sure?

Hope you got that base setup ready to go, the one with long legs and big ears!

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  5. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Not likely ill get a chance to retire but wven if i do,i cant imagine the day..I would be lost..

6. Aradrox

Aradrox Heavy Load Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Yes I did remove the antennas not much or enough change swr still reading over 2.0 I'm just going to stick with stock until I get the time and money to go to a shop and have them set it up for me (and learn from how they do it)

7. mike5511

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    Well I'm planning on it. After the wind the storm we had night before last I'm wondering if I won't regret it, but oh well.

slim6596 Thanks this.
  8. mike5511

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    If you have tuned it and it is still that high, you have a rf ground issue. Once you get that fixed, if possible, you should see a difference in swr readings by removing the stock antenna. That is just my experience, no science at all behind that statement.

9. Aradrox

Aradrox Heavy Load Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Yes that's what I suspect I believe the Rami antennas are No ground needed antennas Wich is why they work still. It's in the plans just not there yet.

10. 88tomaq

88tomaq Bobtail Member

Sep 20, 2023
    Hi sir,I’m just new to this CB stuff
    I got 2022 vnl 760 volvo and Cobra 29LX,did I understand it right,that i can screw in a factory spot,a Wilson 2000 with 10" shaft on a driver side,and get this amount of power?
    It’s company truck,don’t wanna to make a lot of mess by running new coax.Plus putted everything according to instructions,and no body hears me,and i cant hear anybody.So probably got an antenna problem anyway.
    Thanks

11. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    The coax that is factory is hooked up to the am/fm/sometimes xm radio system and it is great for the am/fm sometimes XM radio system, but for CB it sucks. Getting a new coax and a mount is a must, got have to separate the factory system from the CB to make it work.

mike5511 and 88tomaq Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.