Looking for teammate for weekly FedEx route out of Chicago area

Discussion in 'Drivers Looking for a Team Driver' started by Pht1991, Nov 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pht1991

Pht1991 Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2021
    Please let me know where you are finding jobs that offer over $.85/ mile for team. That was the best I found, BY FAR. Seriously - please send details!

The job does offer benefits- I can try to send details to anyone who’s seriously interested.

Regarding the camp toilet: I can understand the aversion to this. As a solo, female driver, I use it both for convenience and safety. I may be able to do without, as long as my co-driver is willing to stop when I need to use the bathroom

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. QuidMaker

QuidMaker Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2022
    I would not mind having to pull over to use a bathroom. I actually think having a 'camp toilet' is a great idea, in case of emergencies! For example, what if stuck in a snow storm?

4. jones 2

jones 2 Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2020
    seen your ad wondering how the job is working out looking at doing the same run.

5. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Oh, sorry. I maybe missed this.

You'd have to leave the toilet at home, but in the long run UPS pays more. Four years of paying your dues and...holy money.

This guy from a local hub by me explains it very well.

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  6. Pht1991

Pht1991 Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2021
    I’m not doing the route - can’t find a driving partner, and this company doesn’t pair people up - I have to come in with my own partner. Sure glad I’m not doing that run this week, based on the weather out west!!

7. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I actually came up with 117k yearly for both drivers......either way its still really good. I'm with you, I'm trying to figure out why that isn't good money.

ducnut Thanks this.
  8. Pht1991

Pht1991 Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2021
    Right?!? ;-)

ducnut and bryan21384 Thank this.
  9. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    I teamed with my wife for a little while and we had a folding camp toilet that used disposable commode bags. We kept toilet paper, wipes, Lysol, extra bags, air freshener and the toilet all neatly put away in the cabinet above the microwave ready to go. Our truck was spotless inside at all times.
    Women have different bathroom requirements and frankly some places were to disgusting or unsafe for my wife to use.
    The few times she needed it we put the bag on the catwalk and properly disposed of it at the next stop.
    A camping toilet shouldn't be a deal breaker if it is used sparingly and above all else with cleanliness and dignity in mind.
    Good luck to you.

The Crossword Trucker and ducnut Thank this.
  10. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    About $130k for teams at a Cryo company that requires some experience so anything $100k+ sounds good for a newer driver.

11. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    It's good money if it has benefits for an experienced driver.

It's good money even if there are no benefits for an inexperienced driver.

It all depends where you are in your career.

I worked five days a week, home daily, and made more than that this year. So FOR ME it's not worth it. For another driver it very well may be.

ducnut Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.