Looking for the best washer fluid

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Guitar Hero, Aug 13, 2019.

1. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    You gotta use the lil scrub on concentrate first and that will maintain it. It works. I have to deal with love bugs so I probably have #### on the windshield worse than anyone else on Earth lol. They get so bad trucks will overheat from the radiator getting clogged with them so you can only imagine how bad they are on the windshield. Use that #### religious like.

Guitar Hero and JonJon78 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 88228822

88228822 Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2018
    I like the Rainx bug remover

Guitar Hero and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  4. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    Is that mosquitos? Christ almighty, can you even get out of the truck without taking a bath in DEET?

Guitar Hero, Gutter and buddyd157 Thank this.
  5. FlaSwampRat

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Just a Google image but this is the whole month of May every year. The rainx helps make the windshield cleanable with em. @JonJon78

Attached Files:

Guitar Hero, Gutter and JonJon78 Thank this.
  6. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Maybe when I wash the truck in a couple days I'll put some of the rainx on the windows versus mixing it in with the washer fluid.

I know lots of truck washes have rainx that they offer for the entire truck which I always decline, I dont think it's worth the 10 bucks or so... Maybe I'm crazy?

Guitar Hero and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  7. FlaSwampRat

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    I wouldn't pay $10 at the truck wash. Go get a lil bottle of original rainx. Clean the hell out of the windows like five times then apply it, let it dry to a haze wipe off and repeat. Then the stuff you got to put in the washer bottle will help maintain it. I have a Dodge ram that I shaved everything on (door handles, fuel door, cowl so no wipers) and I can drive in Florida monsoons with no wipers. It builds up o. The windows filling in imperfections so the more frequently you apply (every few weeks) starting out the better and longer lasting it will be. I only have to do the ram once every few months now to keep it up and that's with some of the heaviest rain in the country.

Guitar Hero and SHOJim Thank this.
  8. Gutter

Gutter Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2018
    Duluth, Mn
    It was mosquitoes. And it was terrible. Lol.

lilillill, Guitar Hero and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.