Looking to buy a used Pneumatic Blower for a gig with Transwood

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by lip zee, Apr 14, 2023.

1. The Green Mountain

The Green Mountain Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2022
    Maine
    Our rigs (bulk cement powder) use Gardner Denver from D&W. Very rare is it when we have a PTO malfunction (shaft, universal, otherwise). In 4 years I've had it freeze once & seize once (my fault - didn't spin it for almost 2 months).

On the other hand, got a bud who's wrecked his Gardner Denver PTO probably 4 times (different company, different products, much higher idle).

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    Gardner Denver [years ago] was the loudest going, more so than Drum or Roots so I was suprised to see the newer G & D were much quieter when I managed a Bulk Transfer yard [late 90's] unitl it was snapped up by Bulkmatic.

No experience with Tuthill blowers.

I do remember using a large CFM Drum for vacuum with (2) truck muflers and the neighbors still gripped about the noise.

4. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    The O/O who delivered plastic pellets to the plant where I used to work told me that for temperature-sensitive commodities it's better to have a high CFM blower turning slowly than a smaller blower turning faster. I imagine it saved him a lot of fuel too, since he barely raised his engine above idle while he unloaded, but back when I was hauling cement and fly ash we had to run our engines at 1200 RPM.

5. NH Guy

NH Guy Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2023
    Do they use the same trailers for the pellets as the cement?

6. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    Nope, we always used 3 hopper trailers that were around 1000cf. The plastic guy had a big 4 hopper trailer, I'm sure it was at least 1600 cf. And it had a cooler on the front, too.

7. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    You should see the Canadian hoppers. US 1600cu ft takes 4 loads to empty 180,000+pounds of resin, theirs do it in two loads....

8. Riztroy

Riztroy Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2023
    It's an old post, but let me know if you are still looking for one. I may have a solution.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.